Binocular Tripod Adaptor - Which One?

Benjblt

WKR
I'm goin to be buying a 15x56 binocular for glassing off of a tripod. Which adaptor would you all recommend? I'm looking at the Outdoorsman as the gold standard but I'm wondering if any of you all have experience with the Field Optics Research or the Tricer options. Number 1 I want something steady. #2: Usability. #3 Cost. I'm less concerned with weight. The Outdoorsmans sounds like it's pretty solid.

SloppyJ

WKR
Interesting. Does it seem pretty solid?
I have no complaints and absolutely nothing to compare it to. However, I'm not really sure how it could get much better. I have no issues with the one I'm running. I like the lock feature where you have to push the button down before you can remove the stud. I'll run it until I can get hands on with someone else's to prove it's worth the money.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I have no complaints and absolutely nothing to compare it to. However, I'm not really sure how it could get much better. I have no issues with the one I'm running. I like the lock feature where you have to push the button down before you can remove the stud. I'll run it until I can get hands on with someone else's to prove it's worth the money.
Well I'm going to give them a shot for that price. Thanks!

MT_Wyatt

WKR
If using a stud system, the outdoorsman’s is a lot nicer than the field optics research one. Worth the upgrade. I’ve been using an axial clamp and really like the simplicity of it.

Going through the same thing. I got a knock off Outdoorsmans on Amazon to see if I like the style and the Aziak bino clamp. Haven't spent enough time with them to decide which I like better but they both work and don't interfere with my bino harness.

ChrisAU

WKR
Mark me down in the Wiser camp. After years of using a stud and adapter it takes some getting used to, but not having to take and adapter at all is great, as is the trekking pole compatibility.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think it's better than the Tricer or the Zeiss/Swarovski style?
I like the Wiser Sparrow because it is offset so the arca is in the middle rather than unbalanced under one barrel/objective lens. It is light and compact, stays on the binos rather than on the tripod, and is compatible with trekking poles.

S&S Archery, a Rokslide sponsor sells it. Use code rokslide for a discount, shipping is free.

Ive been using the Tricer adapter and have no complaints. I used the cheap one from amazon before that and it worked but I definitely noticed the difference when I upgraded to the Tricer.

I have Swaro 10x42 ELs that I use on my chest and Swaro 15x56 SLCs that I use on a tripod. The 15s are WAY better on the tripod. In fact I replaced my Kowa 553 backpack spotting scope with the 15s and it was one of the best glass decisions I have ever made. In terms of having something more than the 10s to use on a tripod and smaller than my big spotting scope I will always use the 15s now. They are my favorite glass on a tripod.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I like the Wiser Sparrow because it is offset so the arca is in the middle rather than unbalanced under one barrel/objective lens. It is light and compact, stays on the binos rather than on the tripod, and is compatible with trekking poles.

S&S Archery, a Rokslide sponsor sells it. Use code rokslide for a discount, shipping is free.
It looks like they are having a 20% off sale now.