Beware of a scammer

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Ok guys here is someone to watch out for. Last week I sent a PayPal F&F to voyape4986.
I sent the money on Feb 12th. Since then I have attempted to contact him several time with the Phone number he provided to continue the transaction . On Sunday I again called the phone number but the phone number was disconnected . Several minutes later he contacted me via text asking for money to help with his sick wife. I asked him to send the item I paid for but he again asked for more money.
As I started researching his post on the forum I noticed that he join the forum on Feb 8th, with no transactions.
So I paid the price for not researching this guy better before sending him money. .
Stay away from this guy.
If I’m wrong and this guy comes through I’ll update this post, but if not be warned.

ianpadron

WKR
As good a time as ever to remind new guys, READ THE MEMBER FEEDBACK BEFORE DOING ANY SORT OF TRANSACTION. If they just joined, and have a weird username... you better get them on a video call to verify all is g2g.

Sorry ya got scammed man, but hopefully some other fellas can learn from your mistake.

CorbLand

WKR
Really good information of what to watch for in this thread.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok guys here is someone to watch out for. Last week I sent a PayPal F&F to voyape4986.
I sent the money on Feb 12th. Since then I have attempted to contact him several time with the Phone number he provided to continue the transaction . On Sunday I again called the phone number but the phone number was disconnected . Several minutes later he contacted me via text asking for money to help with his sick wife. I asked him to send the item I paid for but he again asked for more money.
As I started researching his post on the forum I noticed that he join the forum on Feb 8th, with no transactions.
So I paid the price for not researching this guy better before sending him money. .
Stay away from this guy.
If I’m wrong and this guy comes through I’ll update this post, but if not be warned.
That sucks!!!!

rcb2000

WKR
Im sure everyone knows this but Just to add I know everyone likes the F&F option on paypal but theres No protection for u as a buyer this way. Paying the 3.5% in fee is worth it in a situation like this because you'll get your money back.
THIS,, its not worth the 3.5%,, never pay F&F

Raider4044

Lil-Rokslider
Im sure everyone knows this but Just to add I know everyone likes the F&F option on paypal but theres No protection for u as a buyer this way. Paying the 3.5% in fee is worth it in a situation like this because you'll get your money back.

The problem with PayPal Goods and services as a seller is that there have been scams where the buyer claims they never got the item and PayPal refunds the money out of the sellers account without proof and the seller gets screwed out of the item.

Raider4044

Lil-Rokslider

The problem with PayPal Goods and services as a seller is that there have been scams where the buyer claims they never got the item and PayPal refunds the money out of the sellers account without proof and the seller gets screwed out of the item.

OP
R

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Yup guys the PayPal F&F does not provide protection. Learn from my mistake.

fwafwow

WKR
Yes, this is the other side of the coin. Selling to a FNG without any feedback for G&S is likely a non-starter for me. It would take too much time and effort for me to get comfortable with other due diligence methods. I did work out a deal for money orders with one buyer.

OP
R

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
I lost $47 dollars, this guy had to be very desperate to scam someone for that amount then ask for more money for his sick wife.

JakeT

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, this is the other side of the coin. Selling to a FNG without any feedback for G&S is likely a non-starter for me. It would take too much time and effort for me to get comfortable with other due diligence methods. I did work out a deal for money orders with one buyer.
The only problem with this is I'm a FNG. I'm a good guy who has only been here a couple months. I've done probably 10 deals in that time and only one person has left me feedback. How do I build feedback if nobody leaves it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
The other issue for Goods and Services going forward is the tax implications once PayPal starts sending out 1099-k for anything over $600. F&F is immune from that but G&S has the potential to double screw the seller as not only can the buyer get the money back by lying but the seller has to dig up the receipts to prove if they made/lost money or they get taxed on the whole total.

Last year I sold a few thousand dollars worth of gear I had collected for over 10 years to help pay for my honeymoon. A lot of the stuff I had bought I no longer had the receipts for and couldn’t prove what I paid so I’d have owed a couple thousand more in taxes with G&S even though I lost money overall.

fwafwow

WKR
The only problem with this is I'm a FNG. I'm a good guy who has only been here a couple months. I've done probably 10 deals in that time and only one person has left me feedback. How do I build feedback if nobody leaves it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You have to be persistent and ask. If I’m the buyer, I ask for feedback as soon as I’ve paid. If I’m the seller, I ask for feedback as soon as they have received the item. You may have to buy smaller items with either F&F or with sellers who don’t care about G&S (which is harder now due to tax reporting changes).