Scam?

Can anyone vouch for the user @nightant? I posted a WTB add for a Nightforce scope that he responded to. Ended up chatting by text, but I’m getting weird vibes. Every text was pushing hard for payment. Here’s the last text. Seems like it’d be tough to pull this off as a scammer/hacked account situation. What do you guys think?
8bbe89b11a27f9ca5d7330561c70c362.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Just use G&S. Agree it’s weird not to want to talk. That’s a personal choice for you if that makes you uncomfortable.

Not wanting to talk and forcing something other than G&S would be a big red flag for me.

He has been a member since Jan 2023, but only has 12 posts which started around December 29 (2 weeks ago)? One of those posts he does say that he has a Nightforce NX8 4-32

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
FWIW you can save the picture on computer, then drag the image into the Google search box. It will search the web for a similar/same picture. Could pull up the original WTS ad that this is stolen from

Until proven otherwise I would also assume this is a scam

sndmn11

WKR
See if he will send the scope and you pay on arrival.

There's a handful of folks on here who have a fair enough track record that an FNG should consider doing this.

OP
Jake Larsen
Agree with all this so far. Account looks fishy in some ways, mostly due to being new. But if you look at his comments, they are actually good comments. It’s just weird. Language choice definitely is weird.

TaperPin

WKR
Over at the Accurate Shooter forum a legit long term seller in good standing had his account hacked and someone made a purchase without talking to the guy (and other normal precautions) and it cost him big.

On day someone will figure out how to reach through the screen and strangle scammers.

CorbLand

WKR
Agree with all this so far. Account looks fishy in some ways, mostly due to being new. But if you look at his comments, they are actually good comments. It’s just weird. Language choice definitely is weird.

This is going to get harder to verify by comments with AI. I can know nothing about something, run to ChatGPT and have it write 5 paragraphs for me. I post it, it looks like I wrote it.

I PMd you some suggestions before I would purchase it.

Your not looking for a unicorn of a scope, I would find someone more credible.