Best Puffy?

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! I’m looking for something to wear under my stratus as a good insulation layer when I’m sitting during late November through December here in Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitka core 330 base, ambient jacket, puffy of your choice, and cover it all with hard shell to completely block any wind, will be damn warm. That’s what I do when I’m not going to be super active, puffy and rain jacket over top. If I’m moving around I’m likely not wearing a puffy but if I am, the Kifaru lpp is a great one to beat a little brush if needed.

OR helium down jacket gets my vote. Great warmth to weight ratio and its built to handle light precip with no weight penalty. Worth considering

feanor

WKR
Montbell makes great stuff. Order in Japan with a weak yen right now. Only tough part is finding a good color sometimes.

Anyone have experience with the under armour stuff? I have the Skre and have zero complaints about the warmth or fit.

I know it’s not a popular choice but it’s hard to beat the under armour alpine ops. I’m able to bow hunt whitetail in it and it’s really warm. Some how it’s engineered I don’t feel the wind. Wore it at shooting practice and we had a stiff 15-20 mph wind and I never felt it through it. The outer is really quiet but seems like a thicker material inside.
I found one of these on sale and you're making me think I need to go for it. How's the fit?

SG Grumman

Packs down to Nalgene size and light

I’ve used two seasons. I don’t leave home without it.

Just keep it away from fire embers (just ask me how I know).

bpurtz

WKR
SG Grumman

Packs down to Nalgene size and light

I’ve used two seasons. I don’t leave home without it.

Just keep it away from fire embers (just ask me how I know).

Another vote for the Grumman - mine has held up pretty well for 5+ seasons.

My hunting buddy however has a Granite Grey Grumman that has had quite a few ember, hot stove, and tree snag encounters. It's a patchwork of Tenacious Tape, Duct Tape, and Band-Aids - I'll bet he's lost 25%+ of the original down fill. He's got a brand new Rab and a Black Label Grumman, but his Grey Grumman has so much serendipity and nostalgia it's always in his hunting pack.

Lowg08

WKR
I found one of these on sale and you're making me think I need to go for it. How's the fit?
Is a loose fit but very warm and quiet. I found the pants on sale for 85 bucks. Just watch sales. I think I have 185 in both jacket and pants

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider

Beendare

WKR
IMO, its too bad there aren’t more choices for a quality down puffy that has a higher denier shell vs the ultra thin on everything.

Every one of my Down jackets has patches of tenacious tape

khuber84

WKR
Very happy with my Stone Glacier Grumman jacket. Have the green for hunting, recently got the gray for casual.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Black Ovis merino, Sitka Ambient Hoodie, Sitka Heavyweight hoody (if really cold), Marmot wind blocker hoody, Sitka Kelvin Lite Down