Best Processor near Aspen/GWS/Rifle area

FYT

Lil-Rokslider
Any suggestions on best meat processor in the Roaring Fork Valley and/or down towards Junction? In the somewhat unlikely event that I get an animal on the ground, I need to know where to take it. I was hoping to process myself, but that's just not happening for me this year.

My biggest concern is getting back the meat that is actually my meat and not getting parts of someone else's animal. Let me know if anyone has suggestions on a reputable (and hopefully reasonably priced?) processors in this area.

Thanks in advance!

There aren't any in Aspen or the Roaring Fork Valley, at least none that I'm aware of and I just tried to hunt one down last week. There is one in Silt, one in Rifle (though I hear it's terrible), and 2-3 in Grand Junction/Fruita. I spoke to the owners of the shop in Silt and the shops in Grand Junction/Fruita. All seemed reputable and I would have had my meat processed at any of them. If you do a quick search they will pop right up. The names are not coming to mind right now.

One thing I would recommend is hanging your meat in Basalt. Bucktail Taxidermy. That way you can keep hunting if you have more tags or are with a buddy, and take the meat home with you to have it processed closer to home (not sure where you live just a thought).

I ended up just processing my own because I didn't want to drive back and forth from where I live in the valley. Good luck hunting.

You can PM me if you want to talk in more detail about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FYT
Back