Best information I have found yet on bullets and terminal ballistics

As an adult on-set hunter and engineer by schooling and career, when I got into rifle hunting and shooting I naturally did what I normally do (and enjoy) - research and learn about this new interest (and now lifestyle). I recognized there were so many choices available and I wanted to be educated in my choices. When I began researching all of the bullet and caliber choices on the market I was overwhelmed quickly. The amount of different and conflicting information on forums was also baffling. Even talking to my dad, brother or seasoned hunting nieghbor - all had something a little different to say about it.

I scoured the internet for information on what bullets do and how they kill - and what I should expect to happen. I think Aaron Davidson from Gunwerks has a very good handle on this and can explain it very well with words - which he has done on their podcast.

Eventually I ended up deciding on a rifle that I felt like I could shoot most things with and would still enjoy shooting from a recoil perspective - 6.5mm. This was only after shooting a lightweight .308 WIN that was not fun for me to shoot and gave me zero confidence in my ability to hit targets consistently.

Fast forward to now (2 years later) and I believe these two podcast episodes are the most comprehensive and data driven pieces of information I have ever found on bullets and terminal ballistics. A huge thank you to @Formidilosus and the guys at @ExoMtnGear for taking the time to do this. After you listen to both episodes Im sure there are many of us who can relate to Steve and his experience getting into rifle hunting for the first time.

I believe both of these episodes needs to be digested by listening to them each twice (at least), to really get all of the information being shared.

eric1115

WKR
I listened to both of these over the last couple of days as well. The conversation/flow of two open minded semi-skeptics interviewing Form was the thing that I think sets these apart from the (also fantastic) Form Friday, S2H podcast, rokslide post format. It's not combative as the forum posts often end up, but there's enough questions/resistance to let the ideas really develop well.

It's been quite a while since I listened to the EXO podcast, but these episodes were fantastic.

Hat's off to @ExoMtnGear and @Formidilosus for a great conversation. Do rifle scopes next! This info needs to go out to as wide of an audience as possible, and I'd guess there are a lot of listeners to the hunt Backcountry podcast that are not on rokslide.