Best heavy duty rain gear?

Amac340

FNG
Looking for recommendations on heavy duty rain gear for upcoming whitetail hunt. Thick buck brush with thorns shredded a buddy’s sitka pants and jacket last year. Someone else recommended Sitka stormfront but I’m open to other suggestions.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Army surplus gortex on Amazon or Pnuma silkirk when it goes on sale on Camofire.com. Got my jacket for just over $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow! I would never spend $300-500 on a rain jacket, y’all must have $ to burn ;)
I absolutely wouldn't either if I lived in your neck of the woods. On the other hand, when you hunt in remote, wet areas, for extended periods of time and have to be 100% self-reliant with no chance of getting extracted for possibly days on end, having good (and a lot of times that means expensive), gear can be pretty imperative. IDK if this is a very good analogy or not, but if I told you that it would cost you $500 more for a vehicle with air conditioning, would you pay that? By the same token, I could care less if my vehicle has air conditioning or not.

S-3 ranch

WKR
I absolutely wouldn't either if I lived in your neck of the woods. On the other hand, when you hunt in remote, wet areas, for extended periods of time and have to be 100% self-reliant with no chance of getting extracted for possibly days on end, having good (and a lot of times that means expensive), gear can be pretty imperative. IDK if this is a very good analogy or not, but if I told you that it would cost you $500 more for a vehicle with air conditioning, would you pay that? By the same token, I could care less if my vehicle has air conditioning or not.
I understand the whole situation, I have been to Alaska, NWT & British Columbia multiple times,
i use frog togg gear , even during winter tuna trips 100-150 miles offshore for 72hr+

I love my Sitka Cloudburst. My buddies Dewpoint would be shredded. I’d have a hard time taking any $500 rain gear through any briar patch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
The military surplus Orc Industries top/bottom....the jackets have pit zips. Pretty reasonably priced on ebay.

Joebe

FNG
If you don't have to move to much and weight isn't an issue. I would go Grunden's. I have a green set that I have worn for years. I even wear the bibs goose hunting layout blinds. Keeps you a lot cleaner.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I understand the whole situation, I have been to Alaska, NWT & British Columbia multiple times,
i use frog togg gear , even during winter tuna trips 100-150 miles offshore for 72hr+

I have been on those same tuna trips and use to use Frog Toggs as well. However, I changed to Grunden's a few years ago and have not looked back. That said, Grunden's are bombproof but I do not know if I would want to hunt in them...

FLATHEAD

WKR
I wore a HH Impertech 3/4 length jacket w/hood on an Alaskan Brown Bear hunt
in 2011.
Pretty much my go to rainwear now.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
bought some slightly used stika stormfront gear on here, and have been very happy with it. Anything not rubber will eventually get water pressed in. If I was hunting the peninsula for brown bear, I would take HH. but for the high mountain stuff, Anything made by the typical manfucturer's should be good.