best device to review and save trail cam pics for long hikes

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
update: my son showed me how to use my ipad,,probably work on my iphone as well. i kept trying before, couldn't figure it out. geeez

suppose a guy i know might have some trail cams at the end of a long hike. typical sd card. hauling a big laptop on a long hike seems ridiculous

i have a ipad pro but apple makes stuff like that realyy difficult.

i want to be able to look at pics on the spot, decide whether to keep cam in place, and save old pics if necessary.

why does it seem so difficult.

i mean clearly, i can switch out sd card with a blank one, but,,reviewing pics on the spot is the real issue,, something light weight and decent screen.

Last edited:

def90

WKR
thanks,, i just updated my post, my 6 month old infant showed me how to do it.

As a warning i have randomly run in to format issues doing this for whatever reason. Can test everything out at home and even put the sd card in the reader in the field and it works and then for whatever reason one day i insert the card in to the reader and my phone gives me a bad format message.

OP
R

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
As a warning i have randomly run in to format issues doing this for whatever reason. Can test everything out at home and even put the sd card in the reader in the field and it works and then for whatever reason one day i insert the card in to the reader and my phone gives me a bad format message.
i have had my stealth cams ( g45ng's and g42ng's) eat a ton of sd cards that way. no problem with any other cams. even tried the long reformat via windows and it wont' work. now, i always leave the same sd card in the same cam if possible.