Moultrie Mobile Edge Trail Camera Review

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I will say, first things first, these were VERY easy to set up. A quick scan of the QR code and a couple of minutes each for the initial setup and they were ready to go. I set 3 of the 4 cameras up in a remote location where cell reception is spotty at best. 2 of them are recording a weak signal and the other 1 a fair signal so far, but all have been up and running for over 24 hours and sending with no issue. The first animal picture was first thing this morning of a good sized black bear, and using the app I changed that camera over to video to see how the videos turn out (nothing yet).

If the performance continues, this will be a huge improvement over having to drive 7 hours round trip to check the images on the SD cards. My biggest interest moving forward is going to be battery life. The SD cameras I had up in this same spot ($25 Bushnell cameras I picked up a few years back) were up there since October and still had plenty of battery left on them after capturing 2000+ images each.
good to hear.

these will use more battery for sure but by going to 1 upload per day and managing settings so you don't get too many images, you can get months out of these. If you went the full 16 in the tray and lithium, 6+months.

keep us posted!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great cameras
I just received two of the Edge Pros. They came with some upgraded technology that allows you to block out trigger areas in your view, like a branch, to illuminate false triggers, and save battery.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rokslide. With the release of the new Edge Pros with Smart Capture & Detection (think less unwanted images & more battery life) I’m wrapping up this thread and reviewing the Pros at link below. Hope to see you there.

Buck197

WKR
I don't have the pro, but picked up a couple of edge and absolutely love them thus far. For the money hard to beat in my limited trail cam experience.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
After I updated the thread last night, the marketing guys for Moultrie got ahold of me and said there was a $50 off going on at Bass Pro & Cabelas. Here’s what they sent me:

”Robby – Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops are both offering $50 off the Moultrie Mobile EDGE Cellular Trail Camera and EDGE Series Rechargeable Battery Pack as part of their Fall Hunt Classic. This is a sweet deal on the bundle and with that rechargeable battery, folks can stop spending money on new batteries over and over again.

Just figured we’d share that news in case it would make a good addition to the thread about the Edge camera”

I haven’t tried that rechargeable but makes sense! If anyone picks one up, let us know

Gage2

FNG
Bringing this thread back to life with a question.

I recently set up some edges and have not had any triggers yet. It’s only been two days but I’m a little skeptical of cell cams to begin with. I tried switching them to “time lapse” mode in the app just so I could get an image and make sure everything was working properly. When I switched it time lapse mode I was not receiving any images during the time period I selected. Am I misunderstanding something?

Any one else have this problem?

Thanks

Gage2

FNG

I recently set up some edges and have not had any triggers yet. It’s only been two days but I’m a little skeptical of cell cams to begin with. I tried switching them to “time lapse” mode in the app just so I could get an image and make sure everything was working properly. When I switched it time lapse mode I was not receiving any images during the time period I selected. Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks
Battery life is at 99% and signal strength is “great”

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks
It’s hard to diagnose on the forum, could be a few things. Call customer service! Also ask about to set up a test image every day. Then when you’re not getting any activity, you at least get a test image. Please know how this goes.

Gage2

FNG
Robby, thanks for the reply.

Turns out I just needed to wait for the camera to check in for the settings to update. Things are working now