beginning training

62flint

FNG
I am a 52 year old, That is just begining my journy trying to get back in shape . Started with MTN TOUGH body weigh program and plan on progressing from there.
My questions are how long before I can realistically notice a change?
Should I consider any supplments and if so what?
My goals are simply weight loss of about 20-30 pounds, strength training and endurance. I am not lookign to be competing in a Iron man but at 50 my check engine light definatly has come on.

90 days minimum for any change
Creatine Monohydrate
I have a 64yr old athlete that competes in triathlons regularly.
You can do anything you put your mind. It's all about what sacrifices you're willing to make to achieve it.
Good Journey!

I am a 52 year old, That is just begining my journy trying to get back in shape . Started with MTN TOUGH body weigh program and plan on progressing from there.
My questions are how long before I can realistically notice a change?
Should I consider any supplments and if so what?
My goals are simply weight loss of about 20-30 pounds, strength training and endurance. I am not lookign to be competing in a Iron man but at 50 my check engine light definatly has come on.
Depends on what you mean by "notice a change." And it depends what your program is and how extremely you implement it.

If you're 20-30 lbs overweight, a loss of just 5 or 10 lbs can be noticeable. Grab a 10 lb weight and jog around the block with it, and then do it again without the weight. Maybe not a huge difference, but you'll probably notice it. You'd probably notice that loss in the mirror also. A fat loss rate of around 1lb/week would get you that in a few months, and it wouldn't require crazy diet change. Get more restrictive in your diet change, and you can whittle that time down.

Also, carbs cause your body to retain water, so cutting carbs will cut water retention, making you lighter and appear leaner. It's not going to burning fat, but it's worth mentioning.

Body weight is great, but getting into the gym and lifting some weights will help progress the strength portion. Creatine monohydrate raw powder is cheap and helps a little to have energy to execute lifts.

And find an enjoyable way to do moderate intensity cardio, if you don't already have one.

If you want to lose weight and gain strength at the same time, stay in a bit of a caloric deficit you track with a food tracker app, but keep your protein high. Around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight per day is a fine general goal to shoot for. According to body recomposition studies, more protein tends to be more effective. (Whey) protein shakes help with this. You'll be more satiated through your day and less tempted to eat things off program.

Your goals seem very attainable, so just stick with your program, and it won't take you too long. Best of luck.