Banish Backcountry

tak

WKR
Anyone thinking about this?
5.7 inches 7.8 oz 1.6" diameter

I didn't want to add confusion to the Banish 30 thread, but the listed specs on the new Banish Backcountry look pretty good.

I've been using a Q half nelson for hunting, and I really like it, but certainly wouldn't mind being even shorter and lighter. I've been wanting another light suppressor.
I've never used Silencer Central before either, but seems other guys have been pretty happy with them.

Last edited:

MT_Wyatt

WKR
SC called me within 2 hours of submitting a question on this can.

Since taking my order, I’ve been waiting 2 damn days for a call back. Literally have a direct line to the salesman that took my order. And then crickets when I leave them a VM post sale, and email. Not off to a great start.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
name one......
I have been more than happy with silencer central. If there was another company that did the same thing as them, I’d happily try them out but silencer central is the only ones who do what they do.

That being said, it works for me because I live far away from any silencer dealer so using a shop, I’d have to spend like 700 dollars on plane tickets, rent a car, rent a hotel, eat at restaraunts. Silencer central may be a week or 2 slower but it saves me well over a thousand bucks to use them (it’s like buying another silencer). They ordered my ultra 7 and mask 22 for me with zero issues.

It is definetly annoying when you get the final message saying you are good to go and it still takes a week. Oh well. Worth the savings to me.

Silencer central may be a week or 2 slower

annoying when you get the final message saying you are good to go and it still takes a week.
week or two? it took them 60 days to even submit to ATF on mine.

Final message to in-hand was 25 MORE days.

Sure it's easy, you don't have to leave the comfort of your home. But excuses, lies and feet-dragging don't cut it, for me....

Besides a situation like Thin_ak, there is absolutely zero chance I would give SC any business.

Also I believe it’s a major grey area to ship suppressors. And when they use the return address of their place of business in your state, but ship direct from SD, it’s only a matter of time until they and/or a customer get in trouble.

The Backcountry would have to be in a league of its own to put up with SC.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
Interesting feedback on the customer service.
I guess I had seen a few grumblings, but haven't paid much attention, and I didn't know issues were that common.

so as far as small-ish hunting suppressors
Hyperion K
Q Half Nelson
Nomad Ti
TBAC Dominus?

Anything else close to (at least the published specs) the banish backcountry?

mt100gr.

WKR
I ordered mine from SC a few months before the Efile system came to be. All-in mine took a bit over 16 months.

Pretty sure mine shipped direct from them in SD. The tracking number they generated never changed hands thru a dealer. And true to form, USPS left it on top of my mailbox at the end of the road! I think I checked the mail about 15 times that afternoon, tho, as I figured they'd be too "busy" to follow thru and actually deliver a package to my door....

But I do like my Banish 30 and until it was out for delivery, I didn't have to leave the house to complete the transaction.

ID_Matt

WKR
Interesting feedback on the customer service.
I guess I had seen a few grumblings, but haven't paid much attention, and I didn't know issues were that common.

so as far as small-ish hunting suppressors
Hyperion K
Q Half Nelson
Nomad Ti
TBAC Dominus?

Anything else close to (at least the published specs) the banish backcountry?

If you wanted to make a sizeable jump in size/weight, you can add tbac ultra 5 gen 2 to your list. I have one on my hunting set up and have really liked it. It is not as quiet as my omega but is closer than one would think. The length and weight make it pretty ideal for hunting. It won't be the best for range work but you already have a longer can for that.

Another one to add is the KGM R30K.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
week or two? it took them 60 days to even submit to ATF on mine.

Final message to in-hand was 25 MORE days.

Sure it's easy, you don't have to leave the comfort of your home. But excuses, lies and feet-dragging don't cut it, for me....
Mine was nowhere near 60 days. Sorry that happened to you.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Besides a situation like Thin_ak, there is absolutely zero chance I would give SC any business.

Also I believe it’s a major grey area to ship suppressors. And when they use the return address of their place of business in your state, but ship direct from SD, it’s only a matter of time until they and/or a customer get in trouble.

The Backcountry would have to be in a league of its own to put up with SC.
It’s not a grey area at all and nobody is getting in trouble for using silencer central. We get it, you don’t like them but let’s not start making up stupid stuff here.