Bad Neighbors

I know I'm not the only one but in this migration of the population, we got to enjoy the excitement of crappy neighbors. Running dogs all over the section, trees over the property fence without repair, vehicles parked on other owners property, unwillingness to close gates as agreed to, lighting fires in the middle of high fire danger, destruction of road erosion control measures and the list goes on.

Rumors of a divorce have been around. The dogs have gone away. One of the sheds they were living in came down the county road yesterday indicating a migration to make some other neighborhood miserable.

This morning there was a whitetail doe and twin fawns in my yard indicating things are settling down to the pre-existing normal.

I am at a loss of why people moving to the country have no consideration of their neighbors property, wildlife or the environment. I have no idea where they have gone but they are someone elses problem now. Yours?

The 160 acre rockpile and peckerpole jungle is for sale. Next?

I know I'm not the only one but in this migration of the population, we got to enjoy the excitement of crappy neighbors. Running dogs all over the section, trees over the property fence without repair, vehicles parked on other owners property, unwillingness to close gates as agreed to, lighting fires in the middle of high fire danger, destruction of road erosion control measures and the list goes on.

Rumors of a divorce have been around. The dogs have gone away. One of the sheds they were living in came down the county road yesterday indicating a migration to make some other neighborhood miserable.

This morning there was a whitetail doe and twin fawns in my yard indicating things are settling down to the pre-existing normal.

I am at a loss of why people moving to the country have no consideration of their neighbors property, wildlife or the environment. I have no idea where they have gone but they are someone elses problem now. Yours?

The 160 acre rockpile and peckerpole jungle is for sale. Next?
Sounds like you are going to have a good day! It's always nice when problems solve them selves. However, you know about that saying " The devil you know"!

Weldor

WKR
Your lucky, mine are still here and plan on staying. The most annoying Califorians I have ever met.Meh!

Weldor

WKR
How true. I can't get the county to do squat. They have a house but live in their 5th wheel hooked up next to it. Bizzare for sure and against the county ordinance.

Sorry to hear! When in Rome do as the Romans do. Too bad more don’t adapt to the area they moved into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Pretty sure we had the worst neighbors imaginable. Seven feral home school/no school kids running around all hours. Kids cussing at kids, parents cussing at kids, kids cussing at parents. The trash pile in the front yard would have got them kicked out of most trailer parks. We almost called the police several times with concern for child safety. When they finally left they fumigated their garage and we ended up with mice everywhere. A nice parting gift.

ODB

WKR
I’m pretty lucky with good ones. The only bad behavior has been Californians thinking the place needs lit up like a fed prison. We don’t do street lighting here, and they don’t anymore.

Not to rag on Californians but sometimes they are their own worst enemy.

The other day a Californian posted a picture of a lovely Idaho sunset. Instead of saying “Just look at that wonderful sunset,” she said: “These Idaho sunsets are are almost a nice as the ones in California. Too bad you don’t have an ocean!”

Whereupon she was succinctly told where she could stick that ocean. She didn’t like it.

OP
P
Geewhiz: They bought the place for $300,000 now want $790,000. It is worth less than $120,000 which was the original price.

I would buy my other neighbors place (a sub- irrigated meadow) but he wants $900,000. Grazing cows on that won't pay for it and that is why he is selling it.

I'm sure some rich Texan or Californian will buy it. Show up in mid-winter wanting to be rescued from a drift and then sell it to the next idiot from where they came from when the last of their money is gone and no possibility of a job. I just wish they could stay stupid where they came from rather than raising the taxes on the rest of us locals. Sorry for the rant.

KHNC

WKR
I have an idiot cousin that owns a couple of shit box trailer parks in Henderson County , NC. One of the trailers had a tenant evicted and it is falling apart. Instead of fixing it, he hooked it up to his tractor and pulled the piece of shit to his house (next to mine) and parked it parallel on the damn driveway. Now i have to look at the fkn pile of trash every day. And the county wont do anything about it.

I have an idiot cousin that owns a couple of shit box trailer parks in Henderson County , NC. One of the trailers had a tenant evicted and it is falling apart. Instead of fixing it, he hooked it up to his tractor and pulled the piece of shit to his house (next to mine) and parked it parallel on the damn driveway. Now i have to look at the fkn pile of trash every day. And the county wont do anything about it.
I hear they have bad lightning storms over that way

OP
P
Eddielasvegas: $790,000 at this point. Snowed in from october - june. No power. Road from hell shared with another neighber. Lots of 12-14 % grades. Too high for timber. Too steep for anything but marginal grazing.

Have at it!

Rich M

WKR
Tree falls on to your yard and it is your problem. That’s how insurance treats it. Sux fer yer fence.

I say that looking at a 150-200 ft tall 1/2 dead maple next door and i need a new shed. Gotta move my shed over to where it wont get hit.

Guy also let his privacy fence rot and wants me to replace it. Jeah, i’m gonba drop a couple grand w that 1/2 dead maple hoovering for the kill.

They can’t see past the “i” in their personality.

Dented

WKR
He let his fence rot and it's your problem? Yeah, 🖕. You want me to replace your roof and paint your house too? 😅

Honestly, what kind of self obsessed ass would even consider making that kind of statement? 🤣

Tree falls on to your yard and it is your problem. That’s how insurance treats it. Sux fer yer fence.
When did this change for insurance companies. If the stump is on your property it is your tree and you are liable if it falls and damages someone else's property. Especially if it is documented as being a hazardous tree.