Bad Neighbors

AZ8

WKR
I had a neighbor that had to be the most miserable, angry bitter person on earth. Dude found everything wrong with the world.

Threatened to kill me because one of my sprinkler heads was spraying onto his gravel rocks and I was going to kill his cactus! 🤣 I had just installed the sprinkler irrigation and was in the process of adjusting the sprinkler heads, but being alone and having only two hands, could only adjust one at a time! His yard was nothing but desert rocks and some cactus.

I asked him what happens when it rains? Dude almost blew a gasket! Lmao!

It sucked, because it was my first house and he ruined the excitement of a first time home owner. It was so nice when he moved!

Gobbler36

WKR
Not to rag on Californians but sometimes they are their own worst enemy.

The other day a Californian posted a picture of a lovely Idaho sunset. Instead of saying “Just look at that wonderful sunset,” she said: “These Idaho sunsets are are almost a nice as the ones in California. Too bad you don’t have an ocean!”

Whereupon she was succinctly told where she could stick that ocean. She didn’t like it.
My wife had to travel with a new Californian transplant the other day… they are the worst
she said the lady in every convo they had it ended with ”well in California we had this, in California we did it this way, in California we made this much, in California our house was this big, etc , etc

fine just do everyone a favor and move back already lol!

ODB

WKR
My wife had to travel with a new Californian transplant the other day… they are the worst
she said the lady in every convo they had it ended with ”well in California we had this, in California we did it this way, in California we made this much, in California our house was this big, etc , etc

Yup.

People must think we are just being picky but unless you live with a lot of transplants I don’t think you’ll get how true (and odd) it is. I truly don’t understand it, and it’s especially prevalent with the new folks…the people I know who moved here 20+ years ago never mention California. Like a bad decision they made in college they want to forget…;-)

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have a neighbor a few houses away who puts food out for feral cats, I told him he needed to stop because it was attracting skunks and coyotes, which are eating the cats, he told me, " you just hate animals" I told him, first, you are only allowed two pets at any given time, to which he said, they are not mine I just feed them, to which I replied, If you are feeding them they are yours. We just spent $3500 on some landscape, large flagstone with ground cover between them. every night the cats dig up plants and craps in the hole. My wife is PISSED. I can't have widows open because they walk on the sill and spray in. She went down and told him just how it is going to be, you get rid of the cats or we will. So far I have relocated six. The city came out and gave him a notice about city ordinances regarding number of pets he is allowed, he just tears them up. I don't hate cats, but I hate the problems they cause. Aside from the cats, he has four junk cars parked in front of this house and one in his driveway. When I say junk, I mean real junk. The one in the driveway has four flat tires and an old dilapidated blue tarp over it. I don't even know what kind it is, and he has lived there six years. Once again the city gives him notice about the junk cars and once again he tears them up. Well, time to go back over to city hall. Maybe some day they will get sick of me coming in, and actually do something.

bowkill

FNG
Well, time to go back over to city hall. Maybe some day they will get sick of me coming in, and actually do something.
Feels like these days, it's more likely that they would fine you for something, (maybe public official harrassment?), rather than actually addressing the real problem!

I have a neighbor a few houses away who puts food out for feral cats, I told him he needed to stop because it was attracting skunks and coyotes, which are eating the cats, he told me, " you just hate animals" I told him, first, you are only allowed two pets at any given time, to which he said, they are not mine I just feed them, to which I replied, If you are feeding them they are yours. We just spent $3500 on some landscape, large flagstone with ground cover between them. every night the cats dig up plants and craps in the hole. My wife is PISSED. I can't have widows open because they walk on the sill and spray in. She went down and told him just how it is going to be, you get rid of the cats or we will. So far I have relocated six.

LOL. Put the live trap in the back of your truck with a chicken carcass in it and drive away in the morning to work like you always do.....make a pit stop along the way...lol

KurtR

WKR

I got to experience that first hand when out in star Idaho hunting with my brother . He had a Californian move in across the street. He proceeded to come over and tell us how much better it was in California than South Dakota he saw the plates on my pick up and Idaho. I finally asked him why he moved and he said taxes were to high but wanted all the same policies. Guy has turned out to be a complete looney toon.

Rich M

WKR
I have a neighbor a few houses away who puts food out for feral cats, I told him he needed to stop because it was attracting skunks and coyotes, which are eating the cats, he told me, " you just hate animals" I told him, first, you are only allowed two pets at any given time, to which he said, they are not mine I just feed them, to which I replied, If you are feeding them they are yours. We just spent $3500 on some landscape, large flagstone with ground cover between them. every night the cats dig up plants and craps in the hole. My wife is PISSED. I can't have widows open because they walk on the sill and spray in. She went down and told him just how it is going to be, you get rid of the cats or we will. So far I have relocated six. The city came out and gave him a notice about city ordinances regarding number of pets he is allowed, he just tears them up. I don't hate cats, but I hate the problems they cause. Aside from the cats, he has four junk cars parked in front of this house and one in his driveway. When I say junk, I mean real junk. The one in the driveway has four flat tires and an old dilapidated blue tarp over it. I don't even know what kind it is, and he has lived there six years. Once again the city gives him notice about the junk cars and once again he tears them up. Well, time to go back over to city hall. Maybe some day they will get sick of me coming in, and actually do something.
Call code enforcement about something.

The neighbor im talking about has 6 cars in his front yard with a pontoon boat. Pole barn, Limo, el camino, 2 jetskies, acski boat and a curcus tent in his backyard. I should take some pics. 1/8th acre lot… 45x150.

He also has video cameras everywherr. I cant even pee in my backyard without him knowing.

Code enforcement is the only thing that gets him hopping. We shoot with his girlfriend and are onnfriendly terms. Ive never called on him but others have. I just hope he cleans his shit up by time it comes for me to sell.

I have some new neighbors by work

Not to thrilled

When the slide outs on the motor home are out on the street side you can barley drive a car down the street.

They found a dead girl hanging from the tree to the the right of the tweeker camp last Tuesday

They are all huddle around smoking fentanyl off tin foil in the photo this morning around 8am

It insane the city let’s this happen

Walking dead meets Gotham city

DF445490-2493-4E0C-ACD4-FBFC5B1438E7.jpeg

Gobbler36

WKR
I got to experience that first hand when out in star Idaho hunting with my brother . He had a Californian move in across the street. He proceeded to come over and tell us how much better it was in California than South Dakota he saw the plates on my pick up and Idaho. I finally asked him why he moved and he said taxes were to high but wanted all the same policies. Guy has turned out to be a complete looney toon.
And this here is the reason for my disdain of most of those people… they come here and rape and pillage the local economy and make it unaffordable and then complain and whine and vote for the same shit they left and become horrible neighbor lol
anyone moving from leftist states here should have to pay an entrance tax to level the playing field

Yup.

People must think we are just being picky but unless you live with a lot of transplants I don’t think you’ll get how true (and odd) it is. I truly don’t understand it, and it’s especially prevalent with the new folks…the people I know who moved here 20+ years ago never mention California. Like a bad decision they made in college they want to forget…;-)
It is not just Californians. I think it is a generational thing. The guy I do side work for had a younger couple move in. They killed the lawn off and planted it all in clover. Now the rabbits and deer hammer his garden and manicured lawn. They think they are saving the environment by only watering with a sprinkler instead of the irrigation system they have. Not to mention running the AC when it is 60 out. None of the windows are ever open or uncovered. They have gone to the city about him having a work trailer in one of his drives, but the city won't do anything to them for a trashy yard.

Yarak

WKR
The last bad neighbor we had I had to explain to them that I was retired and had all the time in the world to be a bad neighbor while they were at work or gone someplace ......They moved not long after

I know a few people who have moved to the country with expectation of a quite country life only to be disappointed. 10 or 20 acres doesn't shield you much from the bad neighbors that moved in next to you a year or two after you got settled in. I grew up in the country prior to urban sprawl. All the neighbors where farms of 200-600 acres. Nobody sold off road frontage lots. You cant know what going to go in next to you down the road. At my age I will be staying in my quiet suburban home. But if I was younger and so inclined I would make sure I was well buffered from any future bad neighbors.

I have lived in many different places Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Louisiana,South Carolina, Florida. I spend some time in Alabama but have never lived there. I got along good and was well accepted by the lifetime residents everywhere i lived to the extent I could be.

I was always myself but learned the customs and conformed to them. That was part of the good thing about experiencing different cultures with in my own country. I never uttered the words “ Back there we did like this”. If you move to a new area you should respect the culture and learn from it. Otherwise stay where you are.

I will say there were great folks as well as azzhats everywhere I lived.