Backpacking tent suggestions

tent 3.jpg
This is the copper spur 4 pretty sure its like 6 pounds so not bad. Didnt use it in snow so I can't attest to the previous comment about it but it was pretty sweet for 3 people. Worked at a BA dealer so we could demo any of their products for free just had to return them

Alps mountaineering has some pretty inexpensive tents but I don't know that I would take a light weight or medium weight backpacking tent in early November without a good weather forecast.

All the other options are good as well. I would get on a backpacking forum and buy a Sierra designs, black diamond, REI, etc second hand. They are all pretty much the same material and close to the same weight.

R_burg

WKR
REI quarter domes are pretty light and you can always find them on CL for cheap. I paid 150 for a 3p a few yrs ago, probably had been used 10 times and it's held up fantastic.

They are a really good tent for the money if you go used or close out. If not, I'd go with an MSR, I prefer them over Big Agnes (personal preference).

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Hubba Hubba- pretty sure the prices have recently dropped too and its like 3.5lbs.

Nemo Hornet Elite and the MSR Hubba Hubba are tops on my list. The zpack duplex also interests me.

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Best advice I can give you is look on craigslist for a used two person tent. I see a lot of nice light weight backpacking tents on there. Usually the story that goes along with them is its a college student that just graduated and is wanting to go hike the continental divide trail and go to a ultra light one person tent/bivy. Lot of good ones out there, I just use a two person eureka I acquired from the forest service

I was just going to post this same question...looks like you beat me to it. Good suggestions on here it looks like

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I seen a kelty late start at cabelas the other day. Right around 5 lbs for $135. Anyone heard of these?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
If you're not looking for ultra lightweight, don't discount Kelty. My first backpacking tent was a Kelty Grand Mesa 2. I've used it on countless multi-day trips in CO and it's done well for me. Including footprint and stakes, I think it comes in a little under 5lbs. Cost was about $100 too.

My only complaint is that there is only one door and vestibule. Not a big issue when you're by yourself but a bit more of a pain if you have another person.

I had a Grand Mesa 2 for years. We just upgraded to a Big Agnes and gave it to our son. Great option. We have weathered some unreal weather in that tent.

I have not used the HE. It really just hit the stores. Going on the hornet, I would have more than enough confidence it’s tough enough.

I got a MSR Freelite 3 on crazy sale from backcountry.
A little less than 3 lbs in stripped down form. Its held it's own on 48 hour 30+ mph windstorms, hail, hours of wind driven rain, 6" of snow.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bombproof. It's a bit of a pain to pitch perfectly.
I believe it's got a same or similar footprint to the Hubba Hubba but it's at least 14 oz less.

I have to that fit your bill and have had great luck with both one being a Alps mountaineering linx 4 I think I paid 130 bucks for it and got a smoking deal last fall on a jack wolfskin Yellowstone 3 that I just couldn't pass up...I got it for 69.99 with free shipping on Sierra trading Post website. Normal price on it is something like 250 +