Backcountry Rifle Scope

Clarktar

WKR
Any idea on the accupoints? The tenmile is more scope than I need and accupoints are also on sale. Wondering if they perform similar to the more expensive models.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Any idea on the accupoints? The tenmile is more scope than I need and accupoints are also on sale. Wondering if they perform similar to the more expensive models.

Trijicon says the Accupoints are of similar quality, there are just more functions with the Tenmile and Credo lines. Basically, the Accupoints are great if you don't dial, but if you do you'll want the Tenmile or Credo. The Tenmiles are generally larger and higher magnification than the Credos. I recently owned a Tenmile 3-18 FFP but after mounting it, like you, it was a bit more scope than I needed so I downsized to the Credo 2.5-15. It wasn't much weight difference on paper but I can say it definitely has a smaller footprint and feels less burdensome. If I shot more at the range and at longer ranges, I'd jump on one of the great deals on the Tenmile for sure. Another important difference between the Accupoint and Credo/Tenmile is eye relief and field of view. If those are important to maximize, you'll want to go with the Credo or Tenmile.

Clarktar

WKR
Trijicon says the Accupoints are of similar quality, there are just more functions with the Tenmile and Credo lines. Basically, the Accupoints are great if you don't dial, but if you do you'll want the Tenmile or Credo. The Tenmiles are generally larger and higher magnification than the Credos. I recently owned a Tenmile 3-18 FFP but after mounting it, like you, it was a bit more scope than I needed so I downsized to the Credo 2.5-15. It wasn't much weight difference on paper but I can say it definitely has a smaller footprint and feels less burdensome. If I shot more at the range and at longer ranges, I'd jump on one of the great deals on the Tenmile for sure. Another important difference between the Accupoint and Credo/Tenmile is eye relief and field of view. If those are important to maximize, you'll want to go with the Credo or Tenmile.
Thanks! Sounds like I need to look I yo the credo

sram9102

WKR
For a backcountry scope, I would want durable and reliable, thus the recommendations for NF and Trijicon…discounts are great but don’t do much good in the field when you have a failure.

My scope after a 100 yd tumble/slide down a steep scree slope in MT mountains (with two kills afterwards):

View attachment 458426
Had to be a little disheartening watching the blaser tumble down the hill

fatbacks

WKR
Another happy NF owner here... have a fleet of them on my rifles. When I am weight conscious, I will use the NXS 2.5-10.

Been a lot of places where a VIP warranty will do you no good in the field. I'd rather pay the price in weight for a tough as nails scope.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

The accupoints are good. I just got the tenmile because I wanted a scope to shoot longer distances, I wouldn't hesitate to get an accupoint.

AkRyan

WKR
I just put a leupold vx5 hd 2x10 on my sig cross and it's absolutely perfect for the woods and light enough to not complain.

Shraggs

WKR
6 trijcons, 4 swfa and one night force. Sorry it’s not confirmation of your choices. Before those I’ve had so many luepy, ZEISS, Burris etc. great features had zero to do with why they’re all gone.

As mentioned, accupoints are not really a dailing or hold over scope. Mbr to 300 kinda set up. 2 of mine are the original versions. They have never lost zero, just need new glow after 15 years.

They “were” the only scopes that could sit in my gun safe and or ride in a bumpy gravel road in back of truck and not loose zero until I learned of NF and swfa from rokslide!

And I now shoot all year long…

svivian

WKR
I love Vortex discount thats based off their MSRP thats 20-30% higher than what you can buy in store

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I used to be a Leupold gold ring fan, until today. I used to scoff at the people claiming Leupolds don't track correctly and think it's just people on the internet talking trash. I'm leaving for an elk hunt on the 19th. Few weeks ago I went to true my zero and put my data into my kestrel. I was close. Went to zero and it was shooting allover the place. Tightened action screws and rings and bases. Went to re-zero again and it wasn't doing right. I chalked it up to being flustered and fatigued and possibly bad ammo. It was hot. Went this morning. I was able to zero and take my time and cool it down between shots on a fan. Walked out to 700 yards and it started shooting high/low 2ft left 3ft right. Walked back to 400 and missed. Put it on paper at 100 and it was 1" high 1" right. Cooled it back down and shot the same hole again where it should be zeroed. I am done with dialable Leupolds. I can't trust it.

nobody

WKR
I used to be a Leupold gold ring fan, until today. I used to scoff at the people claiming Leupolds don't track correctly and think it's just people on the internet talking trash. I'm leaving for an elk hunt on the 19th. Few weeks ago I went to true my zero and put my data into my kestrel. I was close. Went to zero and it was shooting allover the place. Tightened action screws and rings and bases. Went to re-zero again and it wasn't doing right. I chalked it up to being flustered and fatigued and possibly bad ammo. It was hot. Went this morning. I was able to zero and take my time and cool it down between shots on a fan. Walked out to 700 yards and it started shooting high/low 2ft left 3ft right. Walked back to 400 and missed. Put it on paper at 100 and it was 1" high 1" right. Cooled it back down and shot the same hole again where it should be zeroed. I am done with dialable Leupolds. I can't trust it.
You just described my life for a few years. Chased my tail by a few clicks on every range trip, realized it was due to these pattern failures that I had always dismissed.

The upside is the SWFA's I've replaced everything with really isn't any heavier than any of the other optics they've replaced.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
You just described my life for a few years. Chased my tail by a few clicks on every range trip, realized it was due to these pattern failures that I had always dismissed.

The upside is the SWFA's I've replaced everything with really isn't any heavier than any of the other optics they've replaced.

I'll sacrifice a few ounces for reliability and repeatability. I am done. Mentally I can't go off second guessing if my scope is off.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m no Leupy fan, but what you just described doesn’t sound like scope trouble. You just said once you let it cool down it shot back to the same zero. Erratic shooting with a hot barrel is not the scope’s fault.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m no Leupy fan, but what you just described doesn’t sound like scope trouble. You just said once you let it cool down it shot back to the same zero. Erratic shooting with a hot barrel is not the scope’s fault.

No, I was cooling between shots and when I cooled it all the way back down after dialing, it shot 1" hgh 1" right of the previous zero. And it wasn't that warm, I was just eliminating variables.

USMC-40

WKR
I heard a rumor that NF is discontinuing the NXS 2.5-10x42. It still shows in their catalog online, however.

If this were true I’d be very disappointed, as I have put that scope on every backpack hunting rifle I own…

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I heard a rumor that NF is discontinuing the NXS 2.5-10x42. It still shows in their catalog online, however.

If this were true I’d be very disappointed, as I have put that scope on every backpack hunting rifle I own…
It would be great of they came up with something in the same size as that or the SHV 3-10, but with a 12x top end.

Ten Bears

WKR
Did Form run his test on the Credo ?

I have my eyeballs on one and would like to save some cash on it over the Tenmile.