AZ game and fish paying influencers

wapitibob

WKR
Those of you claiming people in this thread are bent out of shape need to work on reading comprehension. This is a pretty reasonable thing to discuss. A state fish and game agency is paying a significant amount for advertisement which directly reduces opportunity for residents. It's fair to discuss if that's an appropriate use of funds for a state agency.
The dept is paying to increase revenue thru the sales of NR licenses and tags.

Seems appropriate to me.

Put a cap on the tags if the residents are getting upset.

TheTone

WKR
Randy,

were the other influencers present at your Arizona hunts paid by you or by Arizona game and fish?

Randy
We have been awarded that contract from the ad agency for AZ G&F. We accomplished everything that was listed as deliverables and provided a lot of additional items beyond what was required under the contract.
how? We never once saw you wearing a flatbill!

OP
Idaho_Potato
The dept is paying to increase revenue thru the sales of NR licenses and tags.

Seems appropriate to me.

Put a cap on the tags if the residents are getting upset.

We are getting there Bob, keep at it. The original question revolves around if increasing revenue of the fish and game department through advertising targeted at non-residents appropriately addresses the mission of that agency. 2 seconds on the AZ fish and game site:

"Under the provisions of the Arizona Revised Statutes 17-231, the Arizona Game and Fish Commission establishes policy for the management, preservation, and harvest of wildlife. The Commission makes rules and regulations for managing, conserving, and protecting wildlife and fisheries resources, and safe and regulated watercraft and off-highway vehicle operations for the benefit of the citizens of Arizona."

Idaho recently decided to increase NR prices and capped the hell out of elk and deer tags for NRs. Will be interesting to see if other states in the west follow.

OP
Idaho_Potato
When I read the word 'influencer' my gag reflex kicks in.
I haven't got the time....
Well, if you pay taxes to a state with a fish and game agency or buy licenses and game tags it might make sense to take a minute and learn where that money goes....

Well, if you pay taxes to a state with a fish and game agency or buy licenses and game tags it might make sense to take a minute and learn where that money goes....
It might help to know how/on what all this extra NR revenue is being utilized by AZ Game and Fish. What I am implying is that this extra revenue may be on projects that end up benefiting the residents of Az.

OP
Idaho_Potato
It might help to know how/on what all this extra NR revenue is being utilized by AZ Game and Fish. What I am implying is that this extra revenue may be on projects that end up benefiting the residents of Az.
No question that's a possibility. They might even be doing great conservation work, increasing game populations, and improving hunter access.

But at what point does resident opportunity decrease to the point where people get sick of it? It happened here in Idaho. It seemed like residents made it known to the department that opportunity was a problem and out of state hunters were a contributor. Spending money to advertise to every Jim Bob and Larry in Pennsylvania to come try their hand at an OTC elk tag is suspect.

def90

WKR
Those of you claiming people in this thread are bent out of shape need to work on reading comprehension. This is a pretty reasonable thing to discuss. A state fish and game agency is paying a significant amount for advertisement which directly reduces opportunity for residents. It's fair to discuss if that's an appropriate use of funds for a state agency.

This goes on in every state. It's more than just generating out of state license fees, it's about raising tourism dollars. Look at how much money the average out of state visitor spends on a hunt while in the state vs an in state hunter. All state wildlife divisions have a budget line item for advertising and this is simply advertising.

OP
Idaho_Potato
All state wildlife divisions have a budget line item for advertising and this is simply advertising.
And any state budget line item can be eliminated if people don't like it and decide to do something. Hence the original petition that was linked.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody gave two shits when they were paying for print and media ads. Cut Newberg a check to film a Deer and Quail hunt and the peanut gallery looses their minds.

Exactly what I was thinking. Theses states have marketed for years for people to come hunt. What’s the difference if you pay outdoor life or Randy Newberg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Fair enough, and I agree, it’s a good discussion to have, just wanted to point out that a state marketing their hunting is nothing new. Only the method is.

OP
Idaho_Potato
Exactly what I was thinking. Theses states have marketed for years for people to come hunt. What’s the difference if you pay outdoor life or Randy Newberg?

Yes, agreed. I don't care if it's Randy or Ted Nugent. It's not about Randy. It's about the money spent on ads that end up bringing half of Texas to hunt unlimited otc tags.

And good point on the method. Maybe youtube and netflix is bringing way more eyeballs to otc deer and elk than they anticipated.

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Randy,

were the other influencers present at your Arizona hunts paid by you or by Arizona game and fish?
The contract was awarded to us, with the expectation that we deliver "X" number of impressions across identified media properties. We worked with the ad agency and AZ G&F to rotate those media properties based on the geo-demographics of that platforms audience, which was usually driven by the desired outcomes the ad agency identified. Some were paid from the contract we managed for the ad agency and some were not paid.

Broomd

WKR
I get your point, but when I read or hear "influencer" in this woke-filled, insane age, I TUNE THE HELL OUT.
Don't want to hear another word.