Average cost of a Moose hunt

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
In Newfoundland right now, 6250 for me and my non-hunting wife. Have to add in gas for 20something hr drive from NY and ferry crossing. Shot a spike bull yesterday. Only one guy out of 4 hasn’t killed one yet and he’s passed up a few.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Estonia
https://www.premium-jagdreisen.de/product_info.php?products_id=183. I am hunting with this agency in December, though not for moose.

Sweden
https://www.jagdreise.de/jagdreise-schweden.html. I have not hunted with these guys, they re the biggest agent in Germany.

Sweden, I hunted with this agent twice.
This is about 5500 Euros or $6000.
So you’re telling me you haven’t hunted moose in Europe? Ok.

saskhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Seems expensive:ROFLMAO:. My last one went about $100 for the tag, gas and freezer bags. It almost makes the 13 months of winter worth it.

Just got back from a caribou hunt in the Yukon with a resident. I couldn't believe how cheap it was for the tag and license, then you only charge me a harvest fee if I shoot something.

I think my Canadian non-resident caribou cost me less than $200 in tags/license/fees. Crazy! The $2.50/L gas made up for it though!!! The Yukon is wicked country, I hope to be back to hunt again!

My Alaskan drop camp moose hunt in 2022 was about $12k all in door to door. Included bush plane trips in, out and meat out. Also got moved once in the middle of the hunt. I rented a tent, had the outfitter prepare food for 10 days and rented a boat with a motor. My total includes EVERYTHING. Tags, airfare, plane trips, shipping of meat and horns, food, hotels. You can do it cheaper if you know where to hunt, know someone who lives in AK or have an old hook up. In the 2 years since my hunt, I have noticed the same outfitter upped his price $1k each year. Supply and demand at it's finest I suppose.

bowuntr

WKR
There is a guy in Alberta doing a Shiras moose hunt for 5500.00. Wayne Zaft. I have not been able to find hardly any info on the hunt. A buddy of mine is there hunting now. I had a chance to take a cancellation spot and turned it down. No website and i know next to zero about Wayne. Other than he killed a giant whitetail a few years ago.
Your first clue should be that there are no Shiras moose in Canada... try thinking for yourself. Ed F

emarr

FNG
I got my first moose this year in 17C (Alaska). Residents get 1 bull moose tag each year. I'm thankful I live in Dillingham, AK after reading how much a moose hunt cost coming from the lower 48. I spent roughly $500 on my hunt: food, gas, gear, family resident Choggiung land use permit ($240). Perks of living in Bush Alaska.

pbroski

Lil-Rokslider
Yea but whatdoya have wrapped up in the horses? Thats a $50k moose:ROFLMAO:
50k?o_O They aren't high-end race horses.🤣 Since you asked, the break-down is something like this, converted to US funds.

Three horses (1 green and 2 green broke. Trained myself) - $7000
Tack (saddles, saddle pads, bridles, breast collars, panniers, hobbles, high lines, etc.) - $2000
Three horse trailer - $6000
Feed and maintenance for 3 horses - $1400/year

What I get for that money is at least 1 major hunting trip per year to wherever I want, for how long I want. I've done 6 trips so far, the longest being 22 days. So if you divide the costs per hunting trip, its pretty good, and the quality of the trip is unmatched IME. Then when you factor in the resale value of tack and trailer, the value is even better.(y)