Are you ready? got all the knowledge you need when all hell breaks loose.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I'm in xtreme S. Bama with a year long growing season.
Planted my last garden without power equipment, just to see.
Yes, it can be done. But ROUGH.
AND I should get my chickens going again.( meat, eggs and fertilizer).
I live at my bugout zone.

With wildfires and mudslides in the area, my ideas of bugging out have changed significantly from my college days. Now I have important documents, change of clothes or two for me and the family, and cash. If we bug out from a natural disaster, it'll likely mean a hotel or camper stay. If it is a civil unrest deal, I'm not packing around a hundred pound pack and fighting bad guys.

CorbLand

WKR
To be honest, part of what makes life nice is modern conveniences. If shit hits the fan to the extreme and I cant make it to our family cabin, I am pretty much ok going out with the first wave or the second. Just call it quits and be done. The afterlife is supposed to be pretty nice.

Broomd

WKR
Everyone in our neighborhood has already discussed apocalypse plans. Plenty of AR,s, ammo, water, wood and food to last awhile.

Next Summer I"ll be putting in a root cellar for jarred meat, which we raise.
Although I wouldn't expect my cows to last without a fire fight.
If any of this happens, dotgov will be the ones to come after us, believe that.

Poser

WKR
If you have to "bugout" after a disaster then you live in the wrong place...

What are you gonna do if there is fallout, toxic fumes from a train derailment, a totally unchecked wildfire? A wildfire would be the most likely scenario in a collapse as there would most certainly be lots of fires and no containment.

Poser

WKR
To be honest, part of what makes life nice is modern conveniences. If shit hits the fan to the extreme and I cant make it to our family cabin, I am pretty much ok going out with the first wave or the second. Just call it quits and be done. The afterlife is supposed to be pretty nice.

This is the way I look at it as well. Struggle and starve to stay alive for what exactly? A freaking tooth cavity would drive you to the brink of insanity. If we’re talking a real deal acopolyspe, what’s the point in being the last person alive? You starved and suffered for months/years on end, witnessed horrible and unthinkable miseries and suffering for what? To have to Put a bullet in your own head (if you can even find one) because a toothache is too painful, you’re malnourished, your organs are failing and the earth is burning? Screw that. Better just to die with some dignity and at 14% body fat with no ailments and forced witness to untold horrors.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Everyone in our neighborhood has already discussed apocalypse plans. Plenty of AR,s, ammo, water, wood and food to last awhile.

Next Summer I"ll be putting in a root cellar for jarred meat, which we raise.
Although I wouldn't expect my cows to last without a fire fight.
If any of this happens, dotgov will be the ones to come after us, believe that.
This is the way it should be All over, Good I miss the good old days

Bcleck90

WKR
This is the way I look at it as well. Struggle and starve to stay alive for what exactly? A freaking tooth cavity would drive you to the brink of insanity. If we’re talking a real deal acopolyspe, what’s the point in being the last person alive? You starved and suffered for months/years on end, witnessed horrible and unthinkable miseries and suffering for what? To have to Put a bullet in your own head (if you can even find one) because a toothache is too painful, you’re malnourished, your organs are failing and the earth is burning? Screw that. Better just to die with some dignity and at 14% body fat with no ailments and forced witness to untold horrors.

@Poser I’m just saying..if we’re going dark and deep here I think you should be wearing a pair of crocs when you go out. I think it only makes sense to be as comfortable as possible..

EastMT

WKR
I’ve lived in dry cabins in Alaska, lived completely off the grid in NW Montana way out near some sketchy folk. I did it on purpose, loved every minute of it. Hauled water, a shower on the back steps of the 12x16 cabin can be done 5 gallons for 2 adults. One glass of water over the head, suds up, few glasses to rinse. Race inside because it’s below zero!

We had an antique wood cook stove, the fire box was about the size of a mailbox, and you’d wake up in the winter when it died down, 3-4 times a night. Had a small propane refrigerator, ran off a 50 gallon tank for a long time. Made game in to shelf stable products in the smoker.

I worked in town so was able to get what I needed, so I wasn’t some pretend mountain man, I just lived our private 40 acres with no neighbors really, except a couple bat$hit crazy types. One guy when you went past his little cabin on the FS road, he would turn sideways and hide behind a tree. The tree was about 6” in diameter . He started dumping nails in front of his place during hunting season to keep people off the FS road.

It was a very peaceful, hard working, busy working on something all the time. I could do it again in a minute, I like solitude. Now that I’m married with a kid, I really don’t need to raise my kid to be a mountain man, that career path is a hair outdated.

But the thing is, most people don’t realize how much supplies you still need from civilization. I mean Dick Proenneke had supplied flown in, and he was the master of bugging out. None of us will do as well as we think, but it’s a fun fantasy. Game would be wiped out so fast like the depression, only thing left would be Packrats!

You and all the other Rambo wannabes from Pittsburgh to Philly. Throw in a couple million New Yawkers too. Enjoy the bumper to bumper traffic on route 666!

I'd be willing to bet in a true hypothetical SHTF sitch that the preppers secretly wish for (barely plausible imo), deer and elk would be extinct within about a month.
No bro, we have a name for those folks…. We call them ‘Mup Ears’

Haven’t truly seen it myself as I don’t drink but apparently people around the ANF where I’m from, have witnessed the Pittsburgh/Philly folk come around hunting season to their camps. Well the bar scene gets dumb around that time and the outside dudes I guess, like to try and take people’s girl friends and wives when they come up. Think of it as a hunting/Vegas scenario.

A local will approach said visitor and ask “hey buddy where are you from”. To which visiting hunter likes to say “Oh, I’m up here from so and so”. Sounds like they say “Mup Ear”….. The End