Are the any Ski Areas left out West that havent been ruined?

ColoradoV

WKR
I ski all over not as much these days but still pry 40+ days at resorts and always a few more days than that off sleds in the bc.

All joking aside if ya have the coin no doubt the 4 areas in Aspen is what you are looking for… Best on the planet imo….

If not Aspen ask @Travis Bertrand where we went the last day w the kidos. He will not lie = Breckenridge!!!!! 😂🤦🏼‍♂️👍

Now ya pry have a better shot of getting my mule deer spots than my bc spots. After skiing off the sleds now for 26+ years only way you might find em is to follow tracks to the mining claim I own and ski at 11.600’….

Hnthrdr

WKR
I ski all over not as much these days but still pry 40+ days at resorts and always a few more days than that off sleds in the bc.

All joking aside if ya have the coin no doubt the 4 areas in Aspen is what you are looking for… Best on the planet imo….

If not Aspen ask @Travis Bertrand where we went the last day w the kidos. He will not lie = Breckenridge!!!!! 😂🤦🏼‍♂️👍

Now ya pry have a better shot of getting my mule deer spots than my bc spots. After skiing off the sleds now for 26+ years only way you might find em is to follow tracks to the mining claim I own and ski at 11.600’….
You have a mining claim?! Pulled any color out of it?!

ColoradoV

WKR
You have a mining claim?! Pulled any color out of it?!

It’s a hard rock silver vein w titanium = assay came in at 23.5 oz silver a ton down to at least 70’…. 8 miles back on snow machines in the winter. Drive a jeep, sxs, or lifted truck up in the summer. Single track dirtbike trails are 10 min away.

170+ bucks summer in those basins. High lake w top end 18-20” natives is 10 min, brook is stream is 5 min.. Our pond (girls like to sup) well is by the fire pit! We mostly ski in the winter and camp in the summer. Moose n baby live close in the summer. Saw my goat buddies on the top Sunday. Hope to have a permanent structure up there by next winter. Getting the ore to the smelter would be the head scratcher. Depends on what silver does.

More of a place to get away w the family as it is 45 min from my house.
IMG_8684.jpeg
IMG_4514.jpeg

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
It’s a hard rock silver vein w titanium = assay came in at 23.5 oz silver a ton down to at least 70’…. 8 miles back on snow machines in the winter. Drive a jeep, sxs, or lifted truck up in the summer. Single track dirtbike trails are 10 min away.

170+ bucks summer in those basins. High lake w top end 18-20” natives is 10 min, brook is stream is 5 min.. Our pond (girls like to sup) well is by the fire pit! We mostly ski in the winter and camp in the summer. Moose n baby live close in the summer. Saw my goat buddies on the top Sunday. Hope to have a permanent structure up there by next winter. Getting the ore to the smelter would be the head scratcher. Depends on what silver does.

More of a place to get away w the family as it is 45 min from my house.
View attachment 669326
View attachment 669331
That’s awesome! Looks like a little slice of heaven with or without minerals!

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Living in a ski town. if you're not an alcoholic you will be, and if you aren't currently single you will be.. lol
A lot of truth there - there's been a lot of articles in the last decade describing the social isolation and poor mental health of many that live full-time in true "ski towns."

Last edited:
Living in a ski town. if you're not an alcoholic you will be, and if you aren't currently single you will be.. lol
You ain’t a local til you got triple DDDs

Divorced, DUI, Dog

Lots of interesting answers in this thread. Some of my favs not mentioned. Theres a big bias towards northern rocky mtn MT, ID, WY and CO.
I can think of at least 5 that get good snow, are small and uncrowded. Have good hunting/fishing opportunities and are not mentioned.
Sometimes it’s good to keep it that way.

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
If I get to the resort at 8:47 and get a good parking spot but I cook breakfast and don’t make it out till 10:45 does this make me a bad person?