Are the any Ski Areas left out West that havent been ruined?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Salida is THE town that I thought of when first reading this post... Second homes... $700k for a 1000 sq ft condo...joking surely.
You leave my beloved salida out of it! Goodness I love it down there, hopefully I can sell all my property in the front range and be able to afford a 1k bungalow 20 years from
Now when I retire

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
1.Tanner Hall: like a lion
2. Seth Morrison: the ordinary skier
3. Candide Thovex: few words
How do you guys rank these docs in order of hype?
What docs do you get hyped to?

Mt Baker.

And Little ones outside Cody and Laramie Wyoming

Couple others mentioned previously ^ too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Over the last 30 years, all the ski towns I am familiar with out West have been overrun by 2nd homes of the rich and liberal, and no longer hold the quaint charm they once did. Looking to put roots down and maybe buy some land near a place that hasnt been ruined yet. I used to think Whitefish, MT was that place, but it's been overrun as well. Open to Alaska as well.

Any recommendations? Feel free to PM
North Powder Oregon. Cheap, not much there but a small store, gas station and cafe. It’s a 25-30 minute drive from Anthony Lakes. Awesome powder, awesome hunting in the area and recently they started doing downhill mtn biking in the summer.

I don’t ski or live there anymore but grew up on the ski team and pretty much lived on the mtn. I still live in NEO, not a fan or Oregon politics but NEO is still pretty decent.

North Powder Oregon. Cheap, not much there but a small store, gas station and cafe. It’s a 25-30 minute drive from Anthony Lakes. Awesome powder, awesome hunting in the area and recently they started doing downhill mtn biking in the summer.

I don’t ski or live there anymore but grew up on the ski team and pretty much lived on the mtn. I still live in NEO, not a fan or Oregon politics but NEO is still pretty decent.
this

Billinsd

WKR
Alta is my favorite!!! Great runs, good skiers and snowboarding is not allowed.

I always wanted to ski Wolf Creek in Colorado. Seemed very out of the way in the 80s.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
Wolf Creek is still out of the way. I have skied there a few days. IMHO it doesn't hold a candle to the Cottonwood resorts

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
It's 155 acres in the mountains. And any mountain 155 acres are going to be expensive.

$10 says you can't even pronounce Meagher County without looking it up. (That's the county showdown is in)

Meeg-her? I barely even know her?

Poser

WKR
AZ Snowbowl isn't exactly a skier's dream but Flagstaff is a great town.

Snowbowl can catch some serious storms, but it’s just too close to the Phoenix population area to be worth going out of the way for.

Backcountry skiing in N. AZ is the sketchiest of sketchy.

Alyeska is pushing 300” so far this season, how are all the other ski resorts in NA looking?

I live in Idaho and haven’t waxed my downhill skis since last March if that gives you any idea. 😂

Glad I don’t buy any seasons passes these days and just rely on my uncle and cousin for discounts. So far El Niño says hi to everyone who bought new skis, boards, or snow machines.