Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatcamp

WKR
Don't worry you're not alone. I too do a lot of deer watching with a bow in my hand.

My issue is there is usually a herd of Angus between me and the deer. It would be a lot simpler, and a shorter walk, to just arrow a dang cow.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't shoot one close to the road. We would make sure to be a good 2-300 yards off a two track. I still want the whole experience.

Currently working on how to start that conversation with the local rancher. 😐

My issue is there is usually a herd of Angus between me and the deer. It would be a lot simpler, and a shorter walk, to just arrow a dang cow.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't shoot one close to the road. We would make sure to be a good 2-300 yards off a two track. I still want the whole experience.

Drop me a pin and I'll join ya. This sounds fun.

Drenalin

WKR
It looks like dumb and dumber have removed the episode.

856rks.jpg

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR

A handful of cash. Do it now before all the steers are sold better eating than a cow. You will be paying for two if you shoot a cow now.

Wapiti1

WKR

Way back in the 90's I was hunting in Montana. About 3 weeks after roundup on the forest service and I'm stalking this non-BOAL deer, but good enough for little ol' me. Remember this is before instafamous was a thing.

I'm 30 yards from him, and start to draw when this black mass of a steer walks in between me and the deer. And just stands there. The deer walks off, and the cow stares at me with this "what are you gonna do about it" expression. He smirked at me. No shit, smirked. Cows can smirk, swear to god. Then walked after the deer.

Fast forward to late rifle season. I find this damn steer again in a clearcut, but there is a good foot and a half of snow, and he is too stupid to leave the mountains. It occurs to me to get the brand and call the rancher. It wouldn't be hard to get a rope on him and drag his ass to a trailer. It was a ranch a few miles away that I knew. So I stopped in. They had already sold the feeders for the year. Next morning a hand and I drove up to this steer. I shot it. We split it.

It really feels as good as you think it will.

Jeremy

Jmort1754

WKR
Way back in the 90's I was hunting in Montana. About 3 weeks after roundup on the forest service and I'm stalking this non-BOAL deer, but good enough for little ol' me. Remember this is before instafamous was a thing.

I'm 30 yards from him, and start to draw when this black mass of a steer walks in between me and the deer. And just stands there. The deer walks off, and the cow stares at me with this "what are you gonna do about it" expression. He smirked at me. No shit, smirked. Cows can smirk, swear to god. Then walked after the deer.

Fast forward to late rifle season. I find this damn steer again in a clearcut, but there is a good foot and a half of snow, and he is too stupid to leave the mountains. It occurs to me to get the brand and call the rancher. It wouldn't be hard to get a rope on him and drag his ass to a trailer. It was a ranch a few miles away that I knew. So I stopped in. They had already sold the feeders for the year. Next morning a hand and I drove up to this steer. I shot it. We split it.

Jeremy
Payback is a bitch.

I'm thinking Rokslide sponsored 77 TMK steer hunt.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I was hunting in central Ca. on a private ranch. I was out with the owner when we came across a heard of cattle, I said, look there black deer, all he said was, all it take is money, by the pound.

Jeremy

Did it taste good? I've heard cows like that taste like shit. My buddy donated one after declaring it inedible.

Status
Not open for further replies.