Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorbLand

WKR
The part that gets me is that the girls shot was not lethal in his opinion so he felt like it wouldnt have died and that is why he followed the blood trail...but his shot hit the deer in the knee, which apparently is lethal...?

Overall, its a shitty situation and the truth probably lands in the middle. Makes you wonder how different the story would have been if it was an average 4 point.

I also dont understand taking pictures with an animal you didnt kill or were not with the party that did kill it.

Lawnboi

WKR
This shit has been happening for ages. Without the desire for clicks we would have never seen this.

Sad what they both did on a deer that caliber. Sounds like a total shit show.

Personally really dislike wildlife pimps. When a past time becomes a profession I don’t know what more to expect. It’s a fricken deer. Personal achievements like this are no longer personal, and to me it appears that ego and desire may have taken over.

And to add to the debate, as someone who has held his wives hand through the whole process, I can say that next time we will make time to learn before the hunt. This is an example of putting a person in a situation that he or she is not ready for.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
She must glass, range, dial, load, gut, quarter, and pack her own animal or it might as well be someone else’s buck. I thought this was common knowledge?
You forgot, process and vacuum pack all the meat.

CorbLand

WKR
"I do get intense when I’m trying to recover a wounded animal..."

its-mine-lotr.gif

IdahoBeav

WKR
Didn't get there. That sucks. I hear shit like that and just grimace
It happens all the time. It's just not often that it's a 190" deer involved, and usually, the animal is never recovered. Often it is chalked up as a miss, and the hunter never even looks for the animal. Rifle hunting has become more of a wounded animal circus than archery hunting ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.