Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geologist

FNG
One archery season, about 10 years ago, I finished off a good sized (for California) buck that had been grazed in the neck by a teenager. When this buck came in front of my ground blind it was bleeding from the neck, but feeding calmly, and clearly was not lethally wounded. I double-lunged the buck from 8 yards and never once considered keeping that buck... especially for young hunters, first blood means it's their buck. I was very happy to congratulate this young man on his first buck... I did tease him that he will likely never kill another as big! All I asked is that I could take a photo of him with HIS buck.
1698858329024.png

Hnthrdr

WKR

here's more info on his facebook page, he managed to turn the situation into a 5 part story for the ages lol
Okay who was shooting the .270 pre 64 Winny?! We all know it’s the finger of god so whoever was shooting it gets the BOAL

Hnthrdr

WKR
Us non social media users are missing out on the story
It’s lame… it got shared somewhere else where I read it… it’s all dumber than hell, lots of +600 yard shooting from folks that shouldn’t be doing that since there was a boat load of wounding and that’s about it till THEY GOT CLOSER AND KILLED THE POOR BASTARD!

TxLite

WKR
Without my hit leaving a blood trail we (they) never would have found that buck. (Unless they had access to the tracking data from the bucks collar. Did they? Is that how they knew where to hunt?)

This has to be my favorite part of his "I'm perfect" posts. Tin foil hat much?

His posts about this whole ordeal sound like a Class A manipulator/narcissist to me
That caught my attention as well.

Throwing shade out there in an attempt to discredit her story.

TSAMP

WKR
They should of called the game warden the moment it became a debate.

I agree it should of been her deer, but they left the door wide open for a "influencer" who wanted it more to take it, for whatever reason that was. Her actions throughout her statement paint a different picture then her feelings now after the fact do. The smiling grip and grins align with that opinion.

I'm of the mindset the moment you gave up and allowed this person to tag it, it's over. Although, im all for exposing peoples poor conduct and holding them to it, especially when they make a living in this space.

Ucsdryder

WKR
About the only thing he could do at this point, and the best thing he could do for his reputation would be to give the buck back to the girl. Say something along the lines of “at the time of the situation the story and scenario seemed different, but seeing her story, and how she feels, I feel the only right thing is for her to have the deer.”

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
84kkbu.jpg

TxLite

WKR
I’ll let my 12 year old daughter know the internet expert said she had to do everything herself this weekend on her first ever big game hunt. Can I glass for her or does that make her less of a huntress too?
She must glass, range, dial, load, gut, quarter, and pack her own animal or it might as well be someone else’s buck. I thought this was common knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.