Anyone +P a Creedmore?

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone out there has +P chambered a 6.5 Creedmore, I've read about the magic RL26 will do for it as it does with everything else but i dont totally trust the temp stability. My questions are:
Does it have enough case capacity to take advantage of the the +P chamber?
Was it worth while or did you not gain much in doing so?
I am looking for a lighter weight, daily driver type thats easy to shoot. The creedmore fits the bill but I'd like to get a 140 class bullet to around 2900fps. Obviously the 6.5 PRC is the easy button, and 260 Ai is also an option which I am considering as well but I'm exploring my options that don't involve magnums or fireforming.

deadwolf

WKR
When I had a 6.5 Creedmoor I had it at 2825fps with RL26. Personally I wouldn’t worry about chasing another 75fps.

I will also say that RL26 was really dirty, I have had a carbon ring form with a low round count with RL26, and I won’t ever use it in another rifle : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Let me also add that you may consider a .260 terminator from Defensive Edge : )

They’ll fire form your brass for ya too

I'm sure they will for a price! I saw what UM is charging to make 6UM brass and it was about $3/ piece.
Definitely not interested in running RL26, it's hard to find and fussy in hot weather.

deadwolf

WKR
I'm sure they will for a price! I saw what UM is charging to make 6UM brass and it was about $3/ piece.
Definitely not interested in running RL26, it's hard to find and fussy in hot weather.

I live in Alaska so hot weather was never a concern

Last I checked DE charged $1 per round to fire form

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Alaska so hot weather was never a concern

Last I checked DE charged $1 per round to fire form

Thats good to know. They have been my go to gunsmith and I live nearby their shop.

I did my tikka with a 27” benchmark barrel.

Old load running 130’s at 2900fps with h4350.

New load after the +P is 3025fps with the same bullet and h4350.

I did have mine custom throated a little longer by the smith that chambered my barrel, but I am not at a compressed load as it sits either.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Longer throated barrels at reasonable lengths shouldn’t t have a problem reaching 2900fps with those bullets. I’ve had very similar results with RL26 and Superformance. I shot a course this summer where it was 50 deg warmer than where I live and had zero issues. That was with superformance. Easy to find too.

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like I am going to have to take a hard look at a long throated 25 Creed. How has availability been for the heavier class bullets? Are they keeping up with production or they like trying to find 180 Hybrids?

khuber84

WKR
Sounds like I am going to have to take a hard look at a long throated 25 Creed. How has availability been for the heavier class bullets? Are they keeping up with production or they like trying to find 180 Hybrids?
I have a 150fb reamer and I wish it were closer to 170-180. Quick search I found 133,134, and 135s all in stock.

I have enjoyed mine. On the second barrel now. With a 9-10lb gun and no brake or suppressor it’s still comfortable to shoot and I can spot my own shots. It’s also a little easier to spot missed/dirt splash at long distance compared to my 22 creedmoor. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a 6cm or 6.5cm but if getting a custom build, and reloading, the 25 creedmoor has a little edge on paper and has been very easy to work with for me.