6.5 saum v 6.5 saum improved

Len901

FNG
Thank you everybody can’t wait to shoot it I plan on keeping this gun suppressed

Len901

FNG
Today shoot the 156 with h 1000 first rounds down the barrel all around 2850 22 in barrel plan on trying the n 565 too

Looks like I need to try RL26 in my 6.5 SAUM Improved.

I’m currently getting 3050fps with 144 LRHT over H1000 with a 20” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

khuber84

WKR
If there was ever head stamped brass for that wildcat i would be on board !!!!
Why do you need headstamped brass? Are you taking this rifle out of country to hunt? Pretty sure that's the only legality that involves "having" to match head stamp. I shoot lapua 6cm brass in my 22cm, 300sherman mag, necked to 7mm in my 7/300prc. Never been a issue for me. Perhaps it's just for your peace of mind? Or ocd? I can understand that.......

Why do you need headstamped brass? Are you taking this rifle out of country to hunt? Pretty sure that's the only legality that involves "having" to match head stamp. I shoot lapua 6cm brass in my 22cm, 300sherman mag, necked to 7mm in my 7/300prc. Never been a issue for me. Perhaps it's just for your peace of mind? Or ocd? I can understand that.......
I fire formed brass for. 243AI for years. I wore out three barrels on that rig. That something I personally wouldnt wanna so any more. As well as necking down for a 6.5-06 rifle. I personally dont like brass intensive brass prep anymore. Which is a personal preference the older I get.

But on the positive side. I am following closely to see how Unknown Munitions build goes. They gonna do 7prc/6.5 with a improved 40degree shoulder and the +p throat.

Retterath

WKR
R26 is pure magic in my SAUM. I bought a lot of it back before it became unobtanium, I'm good for 5 or 6 barrels worth of shooting.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Has RL 26 been pretty good with temps? Does it seem pretty temp stable? Do you shoot it in the summer and then fall?

khuber84

WKR
@Retterath rl26 is relatively temp stable till upper 80s for temps, then it's rumored it can spike in pressure. This is usually happening with guys running the edge of psi to begin with.

The 6.5 SAUM has a 30-degree shoulder angle. The Saum I improved gave me about 60 FPS. Not worth the effort, IMO. Now, what about a 6.5 SAUM IMP +P??

But really, everyone should be building a 6UM. LOL
Ryan,
I a
I am looking at building a 6.5 saum so already headed down the "wildcat" route and was wondering if should just go deeper and make it a 6.5 saum improved. I understand how the change in the bullet for 280 to 280 AI made the cartridge better. As I understand it a 6.5 saum generally has a shoulder angle of 60 degrees, but if made it improved does that change it to 40 degrees? Also anyone know what the general velocity gain is from improving a cartridge? Like a % pump, since it will depend on the case capacity. With all that being said I am not the biggest gun guru so I might be out of my element on this topic, but looking to gain some insight. Thanks in advance.
I decided to go the improved and + P. Necessary? Probably not. But I want to do it so I am.