Anyone mount a Seek Outside bag on a Kifaru frame?

I’ve done a ton of searches and seen a bunch of configurations varying from Kifaru, EXO, MR, Kuiu & SG. Lots of Kifaru to EXO and vice versa. I could not find one that chronicles this combination.

At first look, I’m pretty sure it will work?However, I can’t tell is if SO uses 3/4” webbing or 1” for the compression straps? (I couldn’t find that mentioned either?) It looks like 3/4”? That may make it more difficult to get a solid lock. It is probably further complicated by whether or not the bag is “integrated” or “breakaway”. It also looks like you can’t order just a bag from SO?

If I missed this somewhere, please point me in the right direction. Or maybe, is there someone near Milwaukee, WI with a SO pack that we can mate with? I have a Bikini and a Duplex Lite we can try this out on.

If you have any information on this I’m all ears. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

mt100gr.

WKR
SO does use 3/4 inch webbing. Their gatekeepers will clip into 1 inch webbing and yes, you can shop bag-only on SO's site under 'backpack accessories'. I haven't mounted my SO bag on my kifaru frame but I have used my extra gatekeeper compression straps on my kifaru bag and frame.

OP
chippewawarrior
SO does use 3/4 inch webbing. Their gatekeepers will clip into 1 inch webbing and yes, you can shop bag-only on SO's site under 'backpack accessories'. I haven't mounted my SO bag on my kifaru frame but I have used my extra gatekeeper compression straps on my kifaru bag and frame.

Cool. What’s a gatekeeper? Does it look like Sigourney Weaver? Are you the keymaster?

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got a seek outside setup and a kifaru setup, I’ll take a peek at it later and see. I don’t see how it wouldn’t somewhat work if the gate keepers will grab the 1” webbing.

Have you tried the seek outside suspension?

Lawnboi

WKR
I just hooked a gatekeeper on one of the 1” webbing on my kifaru. It works but you can tell it’s not built to take the 1”. The way the seek outside stays solid on the frame I do not think will be able to be duplicated on the kifaru. I’m sure you could rig something up to work but I doubt it would be ideal.

I can play with it a bit more when I have some more time but those are my initial impressions looking at both setups next to each other

OP
chippewawarrior
I just hooked a gatekeeper on one of the 1” webbing on my kifaru. It works but you can tell it’s not built to take the 1”. The way the seek outside stays solid on the frame I do not think will be able to be duplicated on the kifaru. I’m sure you could rig something up to work but I doubt it would be ideal.

I can play with it a bit more when I have some more time but those are my initial impressions looking at both setups next to each other

Thanks for the effort. That’s what I thought when I heard SO uses 3/4” webbing.