Anyone have a tricked out .22 pistol they hunt squirrels with.

jjwise97

FNG
I’m looking to put together something for next season that I can carry while I’m deer hunting that won’t scare everything out of the county. A suppressed 22 with subsonics and a red dot would be perfect IMO.

mcseal2

WKR
I picked up a Ruger 22/45 Lite today for a similar purpose. I'm thinking of getting a Holosun 507C-X2 with my Cabelas gift cards and points for it. Maybe some Volquartzen stuff down the road, but for now I'll probably just mount the red dot and see how it shoots.

I put a couple mags through it first with the iron sights. I wish they were fiber optic, but they are zeroed fine. They will be a fine back-up to the red dot.

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Damn. Does any of that require smith work?
Or parts assembled by yourself?
That thing is trick.

Ruger Mk 4 22/45 lite with a red dot and Rugged oculus suppressor will hold its own. I definitely recommend a trigger job the tandemcross will most likely be the one I use, polished the factory trigger and it’s plenty useable but I’m spoiled. Can’t speak to group size I don’t have pictures of them but I can tell you try a few different loads to find what it likes. With a rest we shoot the lid off pop bottles like clock work, I’ve killed a few squirrels with it early season deer hunting they’re everywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 89

mcseal2

WKR
I got the 22/45 Lite all dialed in today. I ended up getting a fiber optic front sight and zeroed the iron sights first. Then I added the Holosun 507 and zeroed it. I was getting 5 shot 1.5" groups with cheap Winchester M22 ammo at 30 yards sitting at my bench resting over a sandbag. The trigger has a lot of room for improvement, the next step will be getting a trigger kit and some other ammo to try. I had 3 failures to fire but it looked like the gun hit the rim plenty hard, more of an ammo issue I'm thinking.

Attachments

• 3B8D1C5E-0702-4856-8857-666559410B31.jpeg
    3B8D1C5E-0702-4856-8857-666559410B31.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 112

Loper

WKR
Thanks. And no it was as easy as ordering everything and assembling the upper/lower because the lower was complete

So the upper was already a short barrel and didn’t need to be chopped and threaded? If so, where did you get the upper from?

Also, which suppressor do you have on it?

So the upper was already a short barrel and didn’t need to be chopped and threaded? If so, where did you get the upper from?

Also, which suppressor do you have on it?
Yes, I got the upper already chopped from a place a couple hours from me in Eugene oregon called McCluskey Arms. That can in the picture is the AB suppressor little bird but I have a rugged oculus on the way for it. Might try the dead air mask down the road too

SteveinMN

FNG
After all the grouse I saw during CO first rifle last year I'm planning on bringing by Ruger Gov Target 6 7/8 with me next year. I have a red dot on the way. What are folks with similar setups using for a holster? I have a bino harness rig for my 10mm for archery season, but think the barrel on the Ruger will just be too long for that to be viable.

Mcnasty

FNG
This thing has quite a few rabbits/squirrels accounted for. More fun than should be allowed. Have to get reasonably close but it is sufficient.

I picked up a Ruger 22/45 Lite today for a similar purpose. I'm thinking of getting a Holosun 507C-X2 with my Cabelas gift cards and points for it. Maybe some Volquartzen stuff down the road, but for now I'll probably just mount the red dot and see how it shoots.

I put a couple mags through it first with the iron sights. I wish they were fiber optic, but they are zeroed fine. They will be a fine back-up to the red dot.
Tandem cross has reasonable priced fiber replacement sight for them. I like mine a lot. there are also some nice bumper plates for the stock mags for these that are worth doing.

mcseal2

WKR
I actually got a replacement sight on it already. I got a couple extra mags on sale also.

Next step is going to be a Tandemcross Ultimate Trigger kit unless someone tells me there is a better one?

The more I shoot it with the dot, the more I notice the creep in the factory trigger.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34