Ramblings of a moron/guide..1.7 archery

I'm curious about the guides reaction? Was he enthusiastic about your limit, or more eye roll type attitude?

Neither. I got the feeling he would have been happy if I were a better archer but he didn't act like it was an unreasonable limitation either. The guide was an "archery guy" who probably is comfortable shooting significantly farther and he might have assumed I was as well based on my prior experience. Maybe he was just used to having clients who haven't killed anything saying they are capable from further?

Levi Morgan was in camp the same week so my comfortable range is probably less than half of his.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Neither. I got the feeling he would have been happy if I were a better archer but he didn't act like it was an unreasonable limitation either. The guide was an "archery guy" who probably is comfortable shooting significantly farther and he might have assumed I was as well based on my prior experience. Maybe he was just used to having clients who haven't killed anything saying they are capable from further?

Levi Morgan was in camp the same week so my comfortable range is probably less than half of his.
Ahhh... I see. Well if it's any consolation I've been a archery my entire life and I don't shoot at anything outside 40.

P.S. sounds to me like you are a pretty good archer.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Great advice here, answered most questions any new archery hunter would have and lots of gems

Deadfall -Thank you for sharing great information. Really appreciate it. Looking forward to my own elk hunt here in a couple weeks.