Any more lightweight options?

WKR

WKR
The maven 1.2 is often out of stock, and the tenmile reticle is not great

Besides the new Maven, and the tenmile 3-18, what other options are there for a lightweight reliable scope?

Requirements:
FFP mil reticle
26 ounce max
capped or locking windage
Zero stop
Min 12x max 20x
Zero retention
Repeatable tracking
not a leupold
not a vortex
And unfortunately not a Nightforce (i own plenty but won't buy another until they fix the whole muley freak cluster the marketing team created.)

TxLite

WKR
Based on your requirements I think your best bet is to catch the Maven in stock or to give them a shout and get on a waitlist

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
The maven 1.2 is often out of stock, and the tenmile reticle is not great

Besides the new Maven, and the tenmile 3-18, what other options are there for a lightweight reliable scope?

Requirements:
FFP mil reticle
26 ounce max
capped or locking windage
Zero stop
Min 12x max 20x
Zero retention
Repeatable tracking
not a leupold
not a vortex
And unfortunately not a Nightforce (i own plenty but won't buy another until they fix the whole muley freak cluster the marketing team created.)
Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 and the Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Now that I actually read the scope requirements my only suggestion is just get a Maven RS 1.2 😂.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
If March would put a windage cap on some of their scopes they would have some good options

TxLite

WKR
August/Sept ill have a new reamer and barrel chambered
You might give the folks at Maven a shout to confirm, but last I saw they were expecting to receive more 1.2’s in June.

Edit- so sometime this month

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder how good the eye box is with a 6x in such a short tube?

Also curious as to how well they hold zero. For some reason I seem to recall a post from @Formidilosus a while back saying in general Steiners don’t do well with side impacts but I might be misremembering.

I’ve been a big fan of my p4xi on my AR.
I looked through it at shot show and I don’t recall the eye box being super picky or anything but I don’t remember exactly with how many scopes I looked through at the show hard to keep track 🤣.

I never see the LPVOs mentioned when users are looking for a relatively lightweight 10X FFP MRAD scope with a useable reticle at lower magnification. Do they lack low light capability because of the small objectives? Are the tactical reticles no good for hunting because they look like they would work on the low end? The Trijicon Credo 1-10 FFP is 21 ounces. Not light but similar to the NF NXS 2.5-10.

Macintosh

WKR
How much elevation travel do you need? A Schmidt and Bender klassik 3-12 meets all of your requirements and is generally considered pretty reliable by the drop test crowd, similar price category to the tenmile, and has a good hunting reticle. The only real caveat is that it only has 4.8mils of elevation travel. That limits it to 600-650 yards and under...so depending on your use could be a non issue or a deal breaker.

Mine has the older 3.2mil turret which limits it to 500 yards or so for me. That's really not a limitation for me so its a non-issue in my case, I would buy another if I was in the market. I feel like the new 4.8mil turret and the extra 100-150 yard range it provides makes it a good viable scope for a lot of people.

TxLite

WKR
How much elevation travel do you need? A Schmidt and Bender klassik 3-12 meets all of your requirements and is generally considered pretty reliable by the drop test crowd, similar price category to the tenmile, and has a good hunting reticle. The only real caveat is that it only has 4.8mils of elevation travel. That limits it to 600-650 yards and under...so depending on your use could be a non issue or a deal breaker.

Mine has the older 3.2mil turret which limits it to 500 yards or so for me. That's really not a limitation for me so it’s a non-issue in my case, I would buy another if I was in the market. I feel like the new 4.8mil turret and the extra 100-150 yard range it provides makes it a good viable scope for a lot of people.
To add to this- I seem to recall seeing instances where S&B will retrofit the new turret to the 3.2mil models for a fee if someone were to find a good deal on the older model.