Votes: 9 4.7%

Votes: 31 16.3%

Votes: 39 20.5%

Votes: 93 48.9%

• Total voters

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
but the grind was strong and stinky.

I have a data point on this: I shot a mature muley in 2015, half of the grind was great, steaks were great, the other half of the grind was noticably gamey. The difference: the gamey portion was trimmed and ground by someone else who didn't take the time to trim nearly as much silverskin and connedtive tissue out.

Rich M

WKR
I have a data point on this: I shot a mature muley in 2015, half of the grind was great, steaks were great, the other half of the grind was noticably gamey. The difference: the gamey portion was trimmed and ground by someone else who didn't take the time to trim nearly as much silverskin and connedtive tissue out.
Solid point.

Digitata

FNG
Never killed one, but had my first plate in a restaurant last year. Better than whitetail and elk. And I really enjoy elk.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Antelope is excellent table fare if taken care of properly. Lots of them are killed in warm weather and not taken care of. I have witnessed this too many times. I only voted a 9 as there are several other critters that I believe are superior (moose, elk, caribou).

MattB

WKR
My favorite lower 48 game meat. I have killed 4. 3 were excellent table fare. The 4th was rutting hard and had been run and fought before I killed him and was absolutely inedible.

WRO

WKR
I’ve killed 6, 5 we’re great, one not so much.

I’d rather eat a good one than elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I killed 4 and would rank them as tolerable but was happy that there isn't much meat. At after killing and eating both bucks and does, the family voted to not apply for any in the future.

Have eaten our way through 6 at our house. To me there is a distinct difference in the meat depending on the country it was shot in. Antelope that feed in agricultural crops are excellent eating. On the other hand the ones from pure sage country have a stronger smell and distinct taste. Not bad but different. I personally have not eaten any game animal that tasted better if they were in the rut.

OG10

FNG
It is not number one in my book as far as being the best but it’s very close it has a lot to do with what the animals are feeding on at the time they were shot as @Grassymike pointed out antelope that come off the grasslands taste different that Antelope that came off of heavy sage just my thoughts . Number one in my book would be either doe Axis or a red stag hind.

Never killed one, but had my first plate in a restaurant last year. Better than whitetail and elk. And I really enjoy elk.

The one you ate in a restaurant was not a pronghorn antelope, likely some sort of African antelope that was raised in Texas, depending on where you were when you ate it. That or the restaurant owner was committing a Lacey act violation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
I’d trade elk and deer for antelope any day of the week. I’ve killed at least 30. I can only remember two that weren’t great and both were in sage with longer follow ups after a less than ideal first shot

OP
Lou (Louis)
I’d trade elk and deer for antelope any day of the week. I’ve killed at least 30. I can only remember two that weren’t great and both were in sage with longer follow ups after a less than ideal first shot
30?!
Lucky you. :)