Another vehicle thread

Delta21

FNG
I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but I’m in the market for a vehicle to take some stress off my daily driver ram 1500. I’ll be doing a lot of commuting for work and would like to save some bags at the gas pump and keep miles from piling up on my new truck. The other side of the coin is if I’m going to be buying another vehicle I would like it to have the capability and reliability and room to use it as an out state hunting vehicle. So any thoughts on an older model vehicle that checks the mpg, reliability, space to look at?

OP
D

Delta21

FNG
I would never drive one, but a subaru would also fit the bill.
🤣🤣 I’m in the same thought camp. I hate they actually kinda maybe make sense. There’s a YouTube channel hunting guy that has one and he loves it. 1 cool guy in Suburu 1,00000 not cool he/she’s in a Suburu

We have a 2016 Rav 4 AWD that we bought in 2018 with 20k miles on it. It has 130k on it now and my 17yr old son drives it. It has been an awesome car. Nothing but regular maintenance and it still drives like new.

OP
D

Delta21

FNG
Will be used for family trips, occasional work trips and general use. Really just need something to drive back and forth to work. Will be driving 200 miles round trip 3-4 times week until family gets moved. It would prob be better move to use my truck for hunting. Just needing work commuter. Will be driving through some high deer number areas and not a fan of cars. Really don’t want to get teabagged by a rutted up buck this fall

If your truly are looking for a commute car with excellent fuel mileage, get yourself a late 90s to early to 00's VW Passat, Golf, Beetle or Jetta with the 1.9L Diesel & a 5spd transmissions.

If you're not over 6ft tall I'd recommend a Prius. you can find a deal on them here and there and they get 50+ mpg if you're not driving at 70+mph on the regular. I use mine to commute to work 65 mph is generally as fast as I'll get it up to. Once you're on a lot of hills and 70+mph you'll drop into the 40 mpgs

Ford Maverick is a "truck" that can get you 40+ mpg.
I have the eco boost AWD maverick as a commuter vehicle. It gets about 26-28mpg going 70mph. It does make a great little hunting rig as long as you don't need a ton of ground clearance. Im 6'2 and have plenty of room inside for extended drives.

180ls1

WKR
I have the eco boost AWD maverick as a commuter vehicle. It gets about 26-28mpg going 70mph. It does make a great little hunting rig as long as you don't need a ton of ground clearance. Im 6'2 and have plenty of room inside for extended drives.

Thanks for clarifying that. I remembered them parrading 40mpg around but I should have known better.

Bought my daughter an '11 Camry hybrid with 105k miles back in March. So far so good, and it's averaged 37.8mpg in mixed driving over the last 8k miles. No issues whatsoever.

OP
D

Delta21

FNG
If you're not over 6ft tall I'd recommend a Prius. you can find a deal on them here and there and they get 50+ mpg if you're not driving at 70+mph on the regular. I use mine to commute to work 65 mph is generally as fast as I'll get it up to. Once you're on a lot of hills and 70+mph you'll drop into the 40 mpgs
It’s flat driving, but I’m 6’4

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID