Yamaha or Honda ATV Recommendations

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Pioneer is an awesome machine with 2 intolerable flaws. The dust is unbearable and the engine heat under the seat scalding. If Honda would fix that I would have another.

Tmac

WKR
Pioneer is an awesome machine with 2 intolerable flaws. The dust is unbearable and the engine heat under the seat scalding. If Honda would fix that I would have another.
There are fairly easy fixes on the pioneer forum for the heat. Basically adding some heat shielding really helps. I like it when it’s cold out, but have not found it to be too serious of an issue when warm out.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
There are some benefits to UTVs but how do they compare ride-wise? The ones I’ve ridden in before are slower, with less terrain capability, less clearance, and the ride is really rough compared to a nice ATV.
I believe the UVT's ride just as good as ATV's. If you get a 1000 it will go plenty fast and go wherever you would need to go. They are much more versatile than an ATV with the ability to comfortably take 2 or more people depending on the model. A roof and windshield makes for more comfort as well especially in cold weather or in the rain. And the Pioneers have a dump bed which is really handy. You can haul tons more stuff in the bed than on the back of a ATV. They are perfect for around the farm or hunting. I have a Honda ATV and UTV and I almost never use the ATV any longer since I bought the Pioneer.

if you go the Yamaha Kodiak, make sure you sit on one. The handle positioning for me is too low. I went Honda foot shift Rubicon based on other members feedback.