Another truck tire thread

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Contemplated the Falken Wildpeak for my 2010 Tundra but landexd on Goodyear Ultra Terrain ATs to replace 7-year-old Duratracs I finally wore out the tread and probably reasonable lifespan regardless of miles/tread.
Looking at these Ultraterrains as well as their basically the lightest LT E I can find in 33's. How do you like them and how to they compare to the duratracs?

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was gunna put either 33-35 duratracs on the Cummins, prolly my all time favorite tire but these ultra terrains have my attention now.
I am no kinda tire expert nor gearhead so my opinion can be taken with a grain of salt. Like better than my duratracs and previous coop and Hankook tires over the years. My truck is always headed for the mountains and all manner of hunts across the western states.

I love Cooper tires and have ran the AT3's and now the ST Maxx. Really like both of those models. My son just put new Cooper Stronghold tires on his 2019 Ram 1500 crew cab. Really an impressive tire with a 3 peak Mtn snowflake rating. Only had them on gravel and highway so far but really ride nice and I could not tell a difference in road noise between them and the AT3's he just had on his pickup prior to this purchase. If they are noisier it was only slightly so and I could not tell the difference.

Fairly aggressive tire that will work great for hunting and exploring the outdoors. I think my next Cooper tire
after my ST Maxx are worn out will be the new Stronghold tire!

1722361129582.png

Attachments

• 1722361079912.png
    1722361079912.png
    349.7 KB · Views: 10
I know this is a repeated thread but I like to think some guys enjoy talking truck stuff no matter how many times it comes up. I have an f150 that I need to get some tires for. I am looking for some other opinions/experiences for a tire that is 70% highway/interstate/town, 30% forest service roads/desert gumbo/county roads, pulling a 28ft bumper pull camper. I am trying to get a good tire but not break the bank. I have kO2s on my oil field truck but I am hoping to not shell out that much for tires. The truck sits in my driveway 5
Days a week. I have been look it the falken at3s, Firestone destination xt, Goodyear wrangler workhorse at, general graber at/x. Not opposed to another tire. Just trying to save some pennies. Thanks guys and gals!
After owning many different tire brands, my yokahama geolander mt’s have been the best for tread life and are surprisingly quiet