Alec Baldwin shooting

Yoder

WKR
I only think he was responsible because he knew they were target shooting with live ammo and he allowed that. It was his production. Otherwise, it's supposed to be pretend. An actor with no firearms experience shouldn't be responsible for checking the ammo. They probably fired 100k rounds making Ramo movies, should Stallone check every round?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I only think he was responsible because he knew they were target shooting with live ammo and he allowed that. It was his production. Otherwise, it's supposed to be pretend. An actor with no firearms experience shouldn't be responsible for checking the ammo. They probably fired 100k rounds making Ramo movies, should Stallone check every round?
Valid point, but he wasn't shooting a revolver capable of firing more than six rounds at a time. If someone handed you a gun and said it's only loaded with blanks, would you point it at some one and pull the trigger. I sure as hell would check the rounds before firing the gun. But, I know a lot about firer arm safety. Not to say you don't.

Valid point, but he wasn't shooting a revolver capable of firing more than six rounds at a time. If someone handed you a gun and said it's only loaded with blanks, would you point it at some one and pull the trigger. I sure as hell would check the rounds before firing the gun. But, I know a lot about firer arm safety. Not to say you don't.
Movie sets are very far removed from real life.

I can't speak to that particular set, but in general that's not allowed.

The prop guy is in charge of that and no one else is allowed to open it.

Yoder

WKR
I'm saying he's not competent enough with a firearm to know if they are blanks. He shouldn't have to be, it's supposed to be pretend. If this was any other situation I would say he should be in jail.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
It may have been a pretend situation on a movie set, but the production made the decision to use real guns for it. Real guns require real gun safety, or eventually something like this happens.

That was a point that was overlooked by both the production staff and the actor.