Ab raptor vs scythe vs enticer s ti???

Baron85

WKR
Looking for a new can that will be used on 16” bolt guns in 223ai, 22br, and 6.8spc that will be used for prairie dog shoots, coyotes and general hunting.

Main goals are enough suppression to not have ringing ears with 1-2 shots while hunting. ( I know no suppressor is hearing safe and we wear ear pro for target and p dog shoots) accuracy and repeatability, and short. Last concern is weights ( all of these are plenty light for my purpose)

Currently running an old Thunderbeast 9” can and a KGM R30K. I’m plenty happy with the KGM and just want a second short can to replace the thunderbeast.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I assume we're talking the raptor 8 for comparison?

Might want to ask yourself long term if there is another 30cal can of this nature in your future (or you're happy using the KGM R30K on the 6.8western). If so and you wanted to focus on the 223ai and 22br for now (or later) the DD wolf hunter would be a strong contender and should out perform all the above cans on those platforms. Its basically a Sti but in a 6mm bore, which optimizes it and makes it quieter vs the others being over bore.

DD Sti - bang for the buck and can still get replaceable end caps for now which will quiet it down for the smaller calibers some. It is likely the loudest of your list.

Sythe - shortest, lightest, more expensive than the DD Sti but likely quieter. You can still get replaceable end caps for this one.

Raptor 8 - Its probably the quietest of the ones you listed I expect with something like a 3" reflex on it, but its heavier (moreso with the reflex) and tends to be the most expensive. The modularity is nice to swap configurations but the ATF really took some wind out of the sails (or sales haha) on the concept by banning them from selling reflex's and end caps separately. So with AB you can't even get a smaller endcap to use on your 223ai and 22br if you order a 30cal stack.

The good news, any of them should make you happy. Probably just comes down to whether budget, weight or loudness are most critical in your prioritization.

For what its worth I have a Raptor 8 I like and have a DD wolf hunter in jail right now.

You could also look at 6mm bore cans like the CAT noah or the wolf hunter as mentioned above, but those 3 you bring up in the OP are excellent suppressors. I love the wolf hunter, its probably the best bang for buck out of all of these too

apohlo

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Raptor 6 with 3" reflex. I like the benefits of having weight behind the muzzle to make it feel lighter, and I feel that the larger blast chamber aids to a high level of decibel reduction for bringing hunting shots close to "hearing safe" as possible when in the field. Then again, I mostly run .264 and above calibers, so there may be a better can for your bore needs.

Spoonbill

WKR
I assume we're talking the raptor 8 for comparison?

Might want to ask yourself long term if there is another 30cal can of this nature in your future (or you're happy using the KGM R30K on the 6.8western). If so and you wanted to focus on the 223ai and 22br for now (or later) the DD wolf hunter would be a strong contender and should out perform all the above cans on those platforms. Its basically a Sti but in a 6mm bore, which optimizes it and makes it quieter vs the others being over bore.

DD Sti - bang for the buck and can still get replaceable end caps for now which will quiet it down for the smaller calibers some. It is likely the loudest of your list.

Sythe - shortest, lightest, more expensive than the DD Sti but likely quieter. You can still get replaceable end caps for this one.

Raptor 8 - Its probably the quietest of the ones you listed I expect with something like a 3" reflex on it, but its heavier (moreso with the reflex) and tends to be the most expensive. The modularity is nice to swap configurations but the ATF really took some wind out of the sails (or sales haha) on the concept by banning them from selling reflex's and end caps separately. So with AB you can't even get a smaller endcap to use on your 223ai and 22br if you order a 30cal stack.

The good news, any of them should make you happy. Probably just comes down to whether budget, weight or loudness are most critical in your prioritization.

For what its worth I have a Raptor 8 I like and have a DD wolf hunter in jail right now.
You can get different end caps to make it a different thread pitch, just not a different reflex…. No idea how that makes sense but hey that is where we are at. If your reflex is unused, you can send it to AB and they will swap it out.

Ac338

WKR
AB Raptor 8 7.62 with 3” bull reflex on my .223ai. No complaints and don’t experience ear ringing when shooting however I still wear ear pro when target shooting

Attachments

• IMG_6001.jpeg
    IMG_6001.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 21

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can get different end caps to make it a different thread pitch, just not a different reflex…. No idea how that makes sense but hey that is where we are at. If your reflex is unused, you can send it to AB and they will swap it out.
I meant they can't sell additional end caps (where the bullet leaves) not different thread adapters, nor can they sell different reflex, which really takes some of the flexibility out of the can. For instance you can't order a 30cal can AND get a smaller 556 end cap to optimize the can when shooting smaller calibers but also have the original 30cal end cap to use it on a 30cal.

Spoonbill

WKR
I meant they can't sell additional end caps (where the bullet leaves) not different thread adapters, nor can they sell different reflex, which really takes some of the flexibility out of the can. For instance you can't order a 30cal can AND get a smaller 556 end cap to optimize the can when shooting smaller calibers but also have the original 30cal end cap to use it on a 30cal.
Ahh sorry, misread your post.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have Scythe Ti and AB Raptor 8 w/ 3" reflex.

I prefer the AB.

However, where I live the Scythe Ti was way easier to get thru Capital Armory, straight to my door.

I had to order the AB thru Silencer Shop and it required 2 in person visits to a luddite type shop about 45 minutes away with a kiosk. I sucked it up because I just wanted them after I borrowed one in Montana.

You'll be happy with either.

Or do like I did and get both!

Attachments

• IMG_7640.jpg
    IMG_7640.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 15

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I have a raptor 6, 8 and a scythe ti. While I like the mounting system of the reflex - I can get my hand on it to take on and off - no tools - no reflex 2, 3 or 4” makes a 6 as quiet as a flush mount 8. Some say it changes the tone but I don’t think it drops dbs much if any. Oddly, my 6 with the reflex seems to collect much more carbon than my 8 flush. Maybe the extra volume doesn’t blow out the carbon as much. The scythe seems to me to be a slightly different tone than the raptor 8. I’ve yet to shot it back to back with the raptor 6 yet.

ruger35

FNG
I would recommend looking at the new Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. It is quieter than the D STi, and about the same weight as the Scythe while being quieter. It also has end caps that can be swapped out for more caliber specific options.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had to order the AB thru Silencer Shop and it required 2 in person visits to a luddite type shop about 45 minutes away with a kiosk. I sucked it up because I just wanted them after I borrowed one in Montana.

FYI on future orders you only have to show up in person to pick up the can. Your prints are on file now (first kiosk visit) and it just requires an annual photo update done on the app.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would recommend looking at the new Dead Air Nomad Ti XC. It is quieter than the D STi, and about the same weight as the Scythe while being quieter. It also has end caps that can be swapped out for more caliber specific options.
It’s heavier once you factor in the mount fyi. But yes it’s another option that has decent balance of specs.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A reason to go with a Scythe TI is timing.

I bet it takes 3 weeks to get one of those in your hands and 3 months to get an AB

Tahoe1305

WKR
I had to double check the specs on the nomad. Looks like configured similarly (flat end caps and DT) it’s ~1” longer and ~1oz heavier. The scythe has end caps for different calibers too, albeit from aftermarket companies.

I haven’t shot the nomad, but based on volume and previous editions I bet it is quieter (volume is still king). For a hunting can folks may appreciate a bit shorter/lighter (albeit marginal).