Ab raptor vs scythe vs enticer s ti???

Baron85

WKR
Looking for a new can that will be used on 16” bolt guns in 223ai, 22br, and 6.8spc that will be used for prairie dog shoots, coyotes and general hunting.

Main goals are enough suppression to not have ringing ears with 1-2 shots while hunting. ( I know no suppressor is hearing safe and we wear ear pro for target and p dog shoots) accuracy and repeatability, and short. Last concern is weights ( all of these are plenty light for my purpose)

Currently running an old Thunderbeast 9” can and a KGM R30K. I’m plenty happy with the KGM and just want a second short can to replace the thunderbeast.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I assume we're talking the raptor 8 for comparison?

Might want to ask yourself long term if there is another 30cal can of this nature in your future (or you're happy using the KGM R30K on the 6.8western). If so and you wanted to focus on the 223ai and 22br for now (or later) the DD wolf hunter would be a strong contender and should out perform all the above cans on those platforms. Its basically a Sti but in a 6mm bore, which optimizes it and makes it quieter vs the others being over bore.

DD Sti - bang for the buck and can still get replaceable end caps for now which will quiet it down for the smaller calibers some. It is likely the loudest of your list.

Sythe - shortest, lightest, more expensive than the DD Sti but likely quieter. You can still get replaceable end caps for this one.

Raptor 8 - Its probably the quietest of the ones you listed I expect with something like a 3" reflex on it, but its heavier (moreso with the reflex) and tends to be the most expensive. The modularity is nice to swap configurations but the ATF really took some wind out of the sails (or sales haha) on the concept by banning them from selling reflex's and end caps separately. So with AB you can't even get a smaller endcap to use on your 223ai and 22br if you order a 30cal stack.

The good news, any of them should make you happy. Probably just comes down to whether budget, weight or loudness are most critical in your prioritization.

For what its worth I have a Raptor 8 I like and have a DD wolf hunter in jail right now.

You could also look at 6mm bore cans like the CAT noah or the wolf hunter as mentioned above, but those 3 you bring up in the OP are excellent suppressors. I love the wolf hunter, its probably the best bang for buck out of all of these too

apohlo

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Raptor 6 with 3" reflex. I like the benefits of having weight behind the muzzle to make it feel lighter, and I feel that the larger blast chamber aids to a high level of decibel reduction for bringing hunting shots close to "hearing safe" as possible when in the field. Then again, I mostly run .264 and above calibers, so there may be a better can for your bore needs.