6mm prc

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t got mine yet but was told to expect 700-900rds depending on the powder you use. N570 was predicted at 700 rounds.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Vld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. When you neck down with your bushings are you doing it in one step or two? I’ve heard others say they get better concentricity going in one shot.

amassi

WKR
Thanks for the info. When you neck down with your bushings are you doing it in one step or two? I’ve heard others say they get better concentricity going in one shot.

Just one step
I’m fairly certain with lapua brass I’m using a .271 bushing. Haven’t lost a piece yet. I started with Redding bushing dies and they worked great. Now I have the SAC universal prc die- same neck tension but it does a portion of the shoulder as well. They’re nice but not worth retail IMO.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Just one step
I’m fairly certain with lapua brass I’m using a .271 bushing. Haven’t lost a piece yet. I started with Redding bushing dies and they worked great. Now I have the SAC universal prc die- same neck tension but it does a portion of the shoulder as well. They’re nice but not worth retail IMO.

Good to know, I have been looking at the SAC, but there is definitely some price shock. Were you using Redding type s full dies or type s neck? I’ve never necked anything down before and I’m curious how it works where the Redding bushing dies don’t size 100% of the neck.

amassi

WKR
Good to know, I have been looking at the SAC, but there is definitely some price shock. Were you using Redding type s full dies or type s neck? I’ve never necked anything down before and I’m curious how it works where the Redding bushing dies don’t size 100% of the neck.

Type S full length
Yeah because your bushing can’t get to the shoulder you might make a donut- I think donuts are more a thick brass issue and might be overblown to sell $300 dies sets…
I sized them down then ran them over a mandrel after.
My first set of brass is on its 6th firing and no donut issue has reared its head.
The only donuts I’ve ever had were on a 20-250 and it was a die issue.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Type S full length
Yeah because your bushing can’t get to the shoulder you might make a donut- I think donuts are more a thick brass issue and might be overblown to sell $300 dies sets…
My first set of brass is on its 6th firing and no donut issue has reared its head.

Solid info, thanks!

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Type S full length
What brass, bullet and powder are you using?

amassi

WKR
215ms because I don’t have enough large rifle primers
It’s over 500 and still hammering
Maybe it goes 750-800? I have another barrel on order regardless

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
215ms because I don’t have enough large rifle primers
It’s over 500 and still hammering
Maybe it goes 750-800? I have another barrel on order regardless

Nice! I built one years ago and all this 6um talk has me shooting it again. I use 115 VLD’s in mine but am almost out. I’m going to try the 108’s now. Thanks!