7prc vs 6mm creedmoor

@Oregonhuntrboi

This is precisely how you cure your flinch, maintain your sight picture and have an 800+ yard hunting rifle.
18” 6 CM shooting Barnes Match Burner 112’s at 2950 fps. 8 lbs scoped & suppressed.

What made you decide to load a mono bullet over the ELDM or DTAC?

I hope my question doesn't come off as pointed, as I know you heavily consider all your gear choices. I'm looking at a 6 creed as my next build and truly interested in your reasoning for bullet choice.

WKR

WKR

I hope my question doesn't come off as pointed, as I know you heavily consider all your gear choices. I'm looking at a 6 creed as my next build and truly interested in your reasoning for bullet choice.
Match burners are not a mono

I chose them based on my interaction with Form.

The 112 Match Burners have the highest B.C. and seem to split the difference in penetration between the ELD-M and DTAC. The 108 opening sooner and the DTAC having a longer neck length in the wound cavity.

He has said that they are a great choice for mid size game.

@XLR said they look like they will work fine, but has not specifically tested the MDT 3-round polys, just got an email back from them. They were interested to hear what my experience was but mentioned that the pattern/dims all looked like they'd check out. I backordered a 7 PRC specific one to use, but "8-10 weeks" is backorder right now...

Hawkins never got back to me on the chassis LA Hunter DBM, but I'd be pretty jazzed with this lighter poly option.
Heck yeah. I’ll have to check one of the polys out.

My opinion is that you should add some weight to your PRC, add a brake, or get a smaller caliber. My 7prc is 11# with bipod, supressor, scope and loaded mag. I can maintain the target in my reticle.

Performance on target is also something else you want. Years ago i though my buddy was silly for using a 6mm on coyote when a 223 worked just fine. The 6mm anchored them on the spot. A 223, 6mm, or 6.5 will work without question, but wouldn't you rather anchor them?

My opinion is that you should add some weight to your PRC, add a brake, or get a smaller caliber. My 7prc is 11# with bipod, supressor, scope and loaded mag. I can maintain the target in my reticle.

Performance on target is also something else you want. Years ago i though my buddy was silly for using a 6mm on coyote when a 223 worked just fine. The 6mm anchored them on the spot. A 223, 6mm, or 6.5 will work without question, but wouldn't you rather anchor them?
⚓🤔 🐕

khuber84

WKR
I luckily have a bunch of rl26 left from several years back 35.8-36.2gr runs right aroufn 3080 from my 22" with the 109eldm. 112s at 3050. Long ways from pressure in fact can't get enough powder in the case for psi.

Hnt26, 22" light palma, tl3 action. Pretty light rig but shoots like a dream w/ ultra7. This rifle is gonna kill a lot of stuff this season. Have 2 Antelope, 4 deer, 2 elk tags. Woman has the same number of tags. She shoots a braked 65prc.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I chose them based on my interaction with Form.

The 112 Match Burners have the highest B.C. and seem to split the difference in penetration between the ELD-M and DTAC. The 108 opening sooner and the DTAC having a longer neck length in the wound cavity.

He has said that they are a great choice for mid size game.
What is minimum velocity to keep them above for reliable killing? Thinking of taking my 6 creed shorty for cow elk this fall....
Thx

A suppressed 7prc and you have a flinch from it? My 7PRC is only 6 lbs scoped and loaded and with just the factory brake its like a normal weight 7-08. How is a 6 Creed going to be much lighter recoil than that? I have zero interest in spotting shots inside 500 yards....never needed it for 50 years and its way over-rated. Much farther ranges, then it might be useful. If the dope is right and your hold is solid the animal is dead. Maybe a bit more range practice will cure that flinch and the lack of confidence. Lots of ways to cure a flinch.
This

For all-around hunting up to 500 yards, the 6mm Creedmoor is an excellent choice, especially if you prioritize low recoil, accuracy, and barrel life.
If you want more versatility and the ability to take down larger game with more confidence at similar distances, the 6.5 PRC might be the better option despite the increased recoil and potential barrel wear.

WKR
Ron Spomer link incoming...
Spomer just did a video with a couple other elk guys talking about cartridges. They all started talking about 300wm, 338, and 7rm as preferred because of the energy and margin for error.

Then they spent 20 minutes trading stories about hitting elk in the vitals at near ranges with magnums the elk not even flinching when it got hit.......

Marshfly

WKR
Spomer just did a video with a couple other elk guys talking about cartridges. They all started talking about 300wm, 338, and 7rm as preferred because of the energy and margin for error.

Then they spent 20 minutes trading stories about hitting elk in the vitals at near ranges with magnums the elk not even flinching when it got hit.......
But copper bullets kill so well. I don’t understand.