7prc vs 6mm creedmoor

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Just a follow up on the MDT mag I posted on above - it’s been feeding in the XLR quite well, even that last round.

@Oregonhuntrboi what did you need up doing, the seekins & prefit? What’s your timeline? Given your original post and question, it would be really interesting to hear what difference you personally notice dropping to 6 Creed from day to day shooting, bonus points for some follow-up wound channels once you’re all setup and hunting.

OP
Oregonhuntrboi
Just a follow up on the MDT mag I posted on above - it’s been feeding in the XLR quite well, even that last round.

@Oregonhuntrboi what did you need up doing, the seekins & prefit? What’s your timeline? Given your original post and question, it would be really interesting to hear what difference you personally notice dropping to 6 Creed from day to day shooting, bonus points for some follow-up wound channels once you’re all setup and hunting.
Ya seekins ph2 and proof pre fit. 16.5 inch barrel. SJA just emailed me and said it should be done in a couple of weeks. I’m gonna run factory 108 Eldm to start and depending on how that goes maybe get some custom loads from UM. I’ll definitely report back, as I plan on shooting the seekins 18 inch 7prc side by side with the seekins 6 creed.

Not belittling your decision at all, because the 6 PRC is awesome, but here is a reference for people.

600 yards, 10 mph full value wind.
5000 DA, 112 Match Burner

6 CM at 2950 fps: 16.7 “ wind drift.
6 PRC at 3150 fps: 15.4”
Delta of 1.3”

1800 fps
6 CM: 975
6 PRC: 1100
I need to do some more looking into.........I've been compilating both, mostly bc the wildcat factor is kinda cool....but maybe its not that cool

I’d say the 22 CM has the cool factor more than either 😎
I do agree, but sadly WA State its a no go for big game.

I however, may rebarrel my howa in 22cm just for shits and have them Laser "25" creedmoor on barrel and neck down 6mm brass..... do Gammie's carry calipers ?