6mm ARC Lightweight Backpacking Rifle Build

Marshfly

WKR
Has anyone cut one of these (or any other 6ARC) to 18" or so and ran it through a chronograph? Wondering what you could expect below the back of the box number on Hornady ELD-M.

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a notification the 6 arc barreled actions are back in stock at Brownells and marked so they’re a little more reasonably priced. All the flavors are in stock. I built one with the stockys VG for the mini and the 22” version- shooting suppressed and man it is nice and light. I like shooting it and my 14 yr old daughter loves shooting it - way more than the 7-08 she has been. Only “problem”is now she shoots A LOT more 😁 $$

Marshfly

WKR
Well well... I was able to use an old email address and get another 10% off that $399. Looks like there is a 22" barrel 6ARC on the way. How did that happen?

Now what am I going to scope this thing with?

Has anyone cut one of these (or any other 6ARC) to 18" or so and ran it through a chronograph? Wondering what you could expect below the back of the box number on Hornady ELD-M.
I know your question is a little old now and it looks like you bought one, but I do have a ton of data on this, I tried to get numbers with factory ammo in each configuration of ARC I had. In a 12" AR I built, factory 105s were 2298, 108s were 2271. In my first Howa Mini cut to 16" the 105s were 2497 and the 108s 2479, my second Mini cut to 16" with the 105s was 2536, no 108 data. The original Mini when it was 20" was 2598 with the 108s, 2631 with the 105, and 2631 with the factory 103 ELD-X. In my original Mini re-barreled with a 19" Carbon6 barrel the 105s were 2640, my 108 reloads 2682 and reloaded 105s are 2705.

If anyone buys one of the barreled actions and needs/wants a plain Howa stock, I still have the one that my original came in sitting around taking up space. It’s on the heavy side but in good shape and cheap.

Marshfly

WKR
For those that have fitted Stocky's stocks to the shorter version, which barrel contour stock did you get?

Does the sporter version have enough room or should I just go with the varmint one?

Last edited:
For those that have fitted Stocky's stocks to the shorter version, which barrel contour stock did you get?

Does the shorter version have enough room or should I just go with the varmint one?
My original Mini was the 20" heavy barrel and needed the Stockys Varmint/Tactical channel. I had to open it up a good amount beyond varmint/tactical later on to fit the new Carbon6 barrel.

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
If Howa offered this mini action in stainless steel I would probably do a similar build, so odd they don't...

I need a cheek riser, does anyone make an ultralight carbon fiber stocks that have a cheek riser?

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
If Howa offered this mini action in stainless steel I would probably do a similar build, so odd they don't...

I need a cheek riser, does anyone make an ultralight carbon fiber stocks that have a cheek riser?
Amen! I'd buy one each in 6 ARC and 223 if they came in stainless.

ThatDUDE

WKR

They have started offering the 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 in Stainless Steel. Brownell's sells them.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
You all need to work on Legacy to get them to offer the stainless options as they already make them for smaller markets like here in NZ where they're popular but all up they've probably only sold a few thousand here. 20240625_180130.jpg

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
You all need to work on Legacy to get them to offer the stainless options as they already make them for smaller markets like here in NZ where they're popular but all up they've probably only sold a few thousand here. View attachment 728456
I called them up a couple months ago on the 6arc and they said there were no plans to bring it in - but that might have just been the “company line” or available info at the time. Makes no sense to me as stainless is the predominant choice in the US. So far I’m really enjoying mine - sure wish it was stainless though