6mm /.243 hunting success on Big Game

chamois

FNG
I have cleanly killed too many animals with 105gr Bergers and 105gr AMaxes to have any doubts on their killing capabilities.
The AMax was my choice in this year chamois´ hunt in the French Alps.
Gun is my usual Blaser kipplauf, this one being chambered for the 6XC.
IMG_8695.jpg

Different experiences for sure. I hope all your future experiences are as positive.

That's the kind of performance I have come to expect - 1 hole, little blood. Guessing but i don't feel you are gonna choose the interlock for your next hunt.
Eh, I won’t use interlocks on my next hunt, but mainly because I’ve yet to find a load for them that shoot as good in my gun as Nosler bullets or Fusion factory ammo. I think I’ve shot two deer with interlocks and they both died in sight. Performance was decent even if I prefer an exit. My uncle has shot a lot of deer and pigs with 87(?) grain interlocks in his 6mm remington with very good results.

I have cleanly killed too many animals with 105gr Bergers and 105gr AMaxes to have any doubts on their killing capabilities.
The AMax was my choice in this year chamois´ hunt in the French Alps.
Gun is my usual Blaser kipplauf, this one being chambered for the 6XC.
View attachment 781545

You took a 6mm on a chamios hunt? Blasphemy! Everybody knows that people only say that on the forums but when you actually go on the hunt you take a 338 Edge to ensure that you don't waste your money cause those little 6mm bullets won't get the job done.

That is a beautiful animal BTW. Sweet looking rifle as well.

Hurley88

FNG
Well my order from Sierra showed up. All 3,000 of them. Just one problem though; none of them were tipped.

This ought to be fun to ship back.
They were great when I called them. Gave me a shipping label, apologized, no biggie.

Still reeling from being so close yet so far. Wish they were real lol.

KyleR1985

WKR
I know these bullets have been unobtanium, but do we have any experience here with them on animals?

I should have some loaded for a 6mm ARC gas gun with 16” barrel over the next few weeks. Hopefully get to poke a few whitetails and report back.

image.jpg

The issue isn’t that you and @MallardSX2, and others have an experience that you are speaking about, it that it doesn’t make sense- and, you are talking “cartridge” instead of “projectile”. Even when it is repeatedly explained.
I can name ten different 6mm bullets right now that kill phenomenally, penetrate well, and create enough tissue damage that lots of people wouldn’t want to use them. None of them, would be bullets you used. If it was simply said “I don’t like how 100gr Interlocks have done on deer”, there wouldn’t be anything to push back on. But instead it’s 243 is a “woodchuck” gun.

Or-

Yeah no.

You gotta watch those ineffective and poor 6mm bullets that don’t kill quick or exit.

Entrance-
View attachment 781341

Exit.
View attachment 781342

At 780 yards.
I have been searching this thread for it, but isn't an 87gr vmax bullet one that is recommended for 243 for deer? Factory ammo only for me.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk