6ARC Tikka

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
So I had toyed around with 6arc in the past. I picked up a howa mini but wasn’t fond of the action or trigger. I currently have a 223 and 6.5 prc tikka, and I know tikka doesn’t make a 6arc factory (nor a 6mm creed either) but it got me thinking:
-Legal to hunt anywhere that allows centerfire (unlike the 22 cals)
-in most areas it’s a 6-700 (depending on where it gets to 1800fps) yard gun
-same BC bullet as the 6 creed, just slower out the muzzle (at least with factory rounds)
-cheaper ammo ($.99/round for 108 eldm on ammo seek)
-long barrel life (maybe not as high as a 308 but pretty much a solid “one gun” to practice and hunt with)

Am I off base to think about a 18” 6ARC tikka build? I have plenty of rifle experience but I have no business shooting beyond that distance anyway. Not really for this season, but as Black Friday sales roll around and @Unknown Munitions is a tikka dealer - why wouldn’t that be a solid option?

Has anyone done a successful 6arc tikka or is everyone on the 6creed or 22 creed lane right now?

Sounds like you just listened to a recent shoot2hunt podcast.

I don't think there's any downsides, other than that stupid cartridge rim diameter requiring a modified Tikka bolt.

I would also enjoy the better ballistics even if shooting 600 and under.

How is brass availability?

OP
Ajsomp

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds like you just listened to a recent shoot2hunt podcast.

I don't think there's any downsides, other than that stupid cartridge rim diameter requiring a modified Tikka bolt.

I would also enjoy the better ballistics even if shooting 600 and under.

How is brass availability?
I did indeed. I kind of dismissed 6arc since everyone seemed to do 6creed tikkas if they weren’t shooting 6.5s or 223s. Or if you were shooting 6arc it was from a gas gun.

Brass availability would be a good question - but I don’t see factory ammo hurting at the moment. And it’s usually hovered between a $1-1.20 per round, which means I could shoot a bunch of factory and keep the brass.

Antares

WKR
I played with the idea but decided I didn’t want to mess with the weird bolt face and went the 6CM route instead.