6ARC Tikka

Has anyone actually tested a 308 Tikka bolt face to see if it feeds and extracts reliably with the arc case?

Or would it require a reamed 223 Tikka bolt?

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Has anyone actually tested a 308 Tikka bolt face to see if it feeds and extracts reliably with the arc case?

The latter. IMHO the 6 ARC is the best argument for an aftermarket scaled "T2x" receiver with a native Russian bolt face. Use the like button to indicate interest at the $1k price point and I'll go make some machine shop inquiries.

-J

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider

The .308 case head is .473 and the 6 ARC is .441, so a difference of .032. I know you just said feeding and extracting, but I wouldn't be eager to light one off with an unsupported case head like that.

The .308 case head is .473 and the 6 ARC is .441, so a difference of .032. I know you just said feeding and extracting, but I wouldn't be eager to light one off with an unsupported case head like that.
I'm confused. How does the bolt face support the case head? I'm not sure why firing a 441 case on a 473 bolt face would be an issue at all.

I'm definitely not talking about firing a 6aec round in a 308 rifle. Only using the 308/473 bolt.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
This is why the gay tiger was invented. Problem solved.

-J

Except for the whole factory ammo in most sporting good stores, just like the 6BR. Woulda/coulda/shoulda- the ARC is what we’ve got for a viable factory option.

Getting a Tikka 308 bolt bushed to use the grendal/ARC case isn’t hard, you are already getting a barrel spun on. There will be a couple for S2H rental rifles.