60-inch Club Troy Sessions customers calling

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Troy I'm glad you decided to post. Well delivered message with just a few false statements I wont even bother retorting.

But there's a lot more to success than "giant moose" and there's a lot more at stake than our reputations. People and doing the right thing matters more than our personal success. You've proven to me that your need for success overrides your good judgment and that's why you've alienated yourself locally, with other pilots, and with land managers.

Yeah I know you are a good pilot but your ethics concern me for others and the conservation of wild places. Curious whether you ever flew back into that pond in GMU 24 to replant those 167 birch trees you and your "scouting" buddy sawed down and killed in Kanuti flats years ago to make room for your wing tips to clear? As of three years ago it was still an embarrassing scar. Your scouting prowess is unimpressive to me and to the Refuge.

I hope you eventually find the high road to glory, Troy.

But count on me posting similar things when you prove otherwise. I expect nothing less from any of my guests and customers who feel a need to share negativity for the sake of awareness.

Proverbs 18:6 "A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating." I don't hate you Troy, I'm somewhere near the confluence of disappointed in you and embarrassed by your actions. But I'm not a hater.

Oh no…. This is getting sloppy.

Don’t know Troy, but three years ago Larry was one of the few folks up there who would take a phone call from a wide eyed Floridian with NO CLUE what he was getting into.

We are going to hunt this coming Sept and had it not been for Larry’s encouragement I might have skipped it. Not using one $ of Larry’s services, btw.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It might not be obvious but trees that far north don't grow to the size you might expect year after year, and migratory song birds, woodpeckers, and owls rely on pond vegetation for a healthy life as well as . The trees around Kanuti grow short years with skinny and tight growth rings...takes them decades longer to reach "big" status if ever. The trees they cut down were estimated by the Refuge manager (now retired) to be 19-25 y/o average at the time. Might not seem like a big deal but those ponds and the fauna rely on shade, camo, and forage ops as much as Co2 absorption to remain homeostatic and provide the balance for the short radius of ecosystem function in which they co-exist. The convo is in the weeds about the impact but it ain't cool to take more than you need for temporary human occupation/use of any area, much more critical consideration is needed the farther north your "scouting" finds you. If you're a commercial "wanna-be" your footsteps have to be lighter so your friends experience a raw and natural adventure without mars and scars as reminders of aggressive access.

I'm done with this thread fellas. Points have been made and if value is there, great. If not, sorry to offend anyone and I'm out.

If anything comes of this thread it might convince sessions to get right and stay right and then maybe you guys who believe in him will have a better experience. I don't think he can afford any of you to have a bad experience now that you know his stink has been smelt.

The disappointing thing about this thread is that it really doesn’t provide any helpful information to anyone.

I’ve spoken to Troy and Linda on the phone and over email, never have used their services but honestly I think I would.

Larry has been gracious enough to provide me info via PM on this forum on several occasions.

From my limited experience, both seem to be stand up, reliable people with good business models.

Then, you see a thread like this and it makes you scratch your head. It honestly just sounds like someone is bitter over the others success. At least, that’s how it comes across to me.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah Timekiller i assumed the risk posting this thread so i'll gladly take the rep slaps for it. I'm certainly not bitter about anything Troy Session has or will have except for his copying my products and then pretending anything about his products are intellectually founded...I'll own that one all day long. However, I posted this thread because:

1. I can't support more groups for 5 years so I posted this to make brothers aware of the calls I'm getting due to the fact that one of his (our) transporter companies are telling his hunters to call me next time. Don't because i can't help for years.

2. Dirtbags need to be culled not promoted. If I have firsthand knowledge and fail to give you all a heads up about it, am I right or wrong for staying quiet? If it saves one group any pain then my conscience is clear.

3. He's eager to prove himself but doing so the way he's going about it is not making or keeping friends on his side in this business. He's lost friends that I also know and to hear Troy's side they all did something wrong to cause the breakup. From my own experience with the guy, he's proven to be untrustworthy and intellectually challenged yet he wants desperately to be "in the game" of hunting for a living. His copying my product lines and services is proof of his illegitimacy.

I can handle brow beating for this post, no prob.

later fellas

Clarktar

WKR
The disappointing thing about this thread is that it really doesn’t provide any helpful information to anyone.

I’ve spoken to Troy and Linda on the phone and over email, never have used their services but honestly I think I would.

Larry has been gracious enough to provide me info via PM on this forum on several occasions.

From my limited experience, both seem to be stand up, reliable people with good business models.

Then, you see a thread like this and it makes you scratch your head. It honestly just sounds like someone is bitter over the others success. At least, that’s how it comes across to me.
I won't pretend to know Larry B extremely well. But over the last 1.5 years he has welcomed my family to AK and has become a friend. I did communicate with him often about AK for several years before moving north (mostly about rafts, hunts, and his services). The more I get to know Larry the more I couldn't disagree more about him harboring jealousy of another's success (and yes this includes other businesses that can be viewed as "competition").

He's odd, honest to a fault and measures his success through himself.

But, deep down, he is jealous of my good looks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dirtbags need to be culled not promoted.
Rokslide !!! This social platform requires everyone to understand the terms. One of them is this.
“When posting, no name-calling, whining, crying, sobbing, bitching, sniveling, sulking, bickering, complaining, or pouting! Members exhibiting this behavior will be banned.”

HawkeyeHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know either one of you from a bale of hay. Both of you are on my short list for planning a future Alaskan moose hunt.

However, I do know Larry has been a long time member on here and gracious shared knowledge with many people. I actually have a close friend that has used his services as well.

Troy, you recently got on here and have pitched a fit and cried about the rules in both of your posts, acting like you’re a long time contributing member.

What I suggest to both of you is to resolve the issues at hand privately or let it go before it negatively effects both of your businesses from past current or future hunters. If you want to keep the fight going, respond privately to those that inquire. I know when I contact both of you, I will probably do my due diligence and get both sides of the story and formulate a decision from there.

slick

WKR
We all are Clark. Looks aside, I'm hesitant to share another bag of dried apples with you.

To be honest, not having any skin in the game this all comes across as very childish amongst two grown men who live in Alaska none the less. Those long, dark and cold days must be getting to people.

Slugz

WKR
We all are Clark. Looks aside, I'm hesitant to share another bag of dried apples with you.

To be honest, not having any skin in the game this all comes across as very childish amongst two grown men who live in Alaska none the less. Those long, dark and cold days must be getting to people.
Is that a Clark Griswold reference? If so, well done sir. Well done.

I've been watching this thread like a car wreck, just can't look away... I probably shouldn't but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in...
Larry probably won't remember but years ago a friend of mine and I had a planned hunt going sideways from another hunt planner who wasn't up to par. He jumped in, gave us a bunch of free advice that helped immensely, he didn't have to because he wasn't making a dime, just being a good guy. I did end up buying a raft that I still use today... Even though I never have met him, I think he is a stand up guy.

A couple years later, I was back up there again and hunting with a friend who was a mutual friend with Troy. We hung out a couple days, and he turned us onto one of his spots which made for a very successful trip. This was well before 60" Club came to be. He was very welcoming and a gracious host who was excited to see us have a great trip. Since then I have met people who have used Troys service and have been very happy. Even though we haven't spoke for a while, I consider Troy a friend.

To me, I see two pretty good guys who are at odds and unfortunately it is spilling over here.

This isn’t the first time though. I can remember a while back Larry posted about the stealing of his raft design idea. Made a long post about it. All I know is this isn’t the first post by Larry trying to provide “feedback.” Seems to be this is more common for him.

I will say that Larry had been very helpful on this site also. Just pointing out that the bad blood between these two isn’t new.

You guys really need to meet up sometime and hash all this out as men and not bicker at each other online

Last edited:

280Ackley

WKR
All I know is after seeing both @Larry Bartlett and @Troy Sessions argue back and forth like 4 y/o it would make me look for someone else who doesn’t feel the need to go on social media to validate themselves about who is the better outfitter. I don’t know either of them and never will but Larry obviously has an issue with Troy and it sounds like some of the things Troy does is shady/illegal. If that is the case why not report to the proper authority’s rather then Rokslide? I also think that Troy might have a point about Larry being out of line in some of his comments that @robby denning might want to address. Bottom line is I don’t think this thread is helping anyone.