6 Dasher with light bullets and barrel length

abnorm

FNG
I'm looking to build my next predator rifle and I'm leaning towards building a 6 dasher. I'm looking for any input on folks that have been running the light varmint bullets and with what barrel length? My second question is about next turning the 6 dasher brass. is that only for when using 6 br brass? If i buy head stamped 6 dasher brass all is good?

Conrad

FNG
With light varmint bullets the dasher will give you plenty of speed. Question is how long are you going to run your barrel, and are you considering suppressed?

In regards to brass, just buy Alpha and be done. I'd recommend running detachable mags for excellent feeding--either the MDT 6BR mags or the Hawkins Hunter mags with spacer kit. Hawkins if you want a flush mag.

That said you could just run a 6 Creed and make things a little more simple.

OP
A

abnorm

FNG
With light varmint bullets the dasher will give you plenty of speed. Question is how long are you going to run your barrel, and are you considering suppressed?

In regards to brass, just buy Alpha and be done. I'd recommend running detachable mags for excellent feeding--either the MDT 6BR mags or the Hawkins Hunter mags with spacer kit. Hawkins if you want a flush mag.

That said you could just run a 6 Creed and make things a little more simple.
Id like a shorter handy rifle but if i need to go long its not the end of the world and unfortunately i don't have the opportunity to run suppressed. Ill be going mdt mags for sure with their new bottom metal. 6 creed is definitely more simple but there is something about that short case that does it for me

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy Alpha 6 Dasher brass and avoid fire forming and neck turning.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Shows in stock at blue collar.

SeanM243

FNG
Did you ever end up doing this? Have been thinking about a suppressed 16.5" 6 Dasher for a truck gun shooting 87s or 95s.

Bert01

FNG
I think the neck turning has more to do with which reamer you use and how tight the neck is. There are different reamers for a “no turn” neck. I think my reamer is .270 or bigger, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

OP
A

abnorm

FNG
Did you ever end up doing this? Have been thinking about a suppressed 16.5" 6 Dasher for a truck gun shooting 87s or 95s.
I ended up going with a 6bra, the rifle will hopefully be done this fall depending on when the stock arrives!