6.5 PRC Regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
6.5PRC brings no negatives to my table, I reload. In fact by reloading it has many positives such as bullet selection is greater than the .277 and with factory twist will stabilize longer bullets.

Don't have a clue what you mean by the 6.5PRC won't kill except with a high shoulder shot, but the .270 will? That is how I deciphered your last statement, but I'm sure I can't read.

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
So is God against the metric system?
I don’t see a kilometer in the Bible :)

No but seriously I think the metric system is Antichrist in nature and not American in the slightest. It’s used as a marketing tactic by gun companies to sound modern and cool though.

Look into metrification and the weird things the US government tried to force on us back in the 70s. Gives New World Order vibes

I don’t see a kilometer in the Bible :)

No but seriously I think the metric system is Antichrist in nature and not American in the slightest. It’s used as a marketing tactic by gun companies to sound modern and cool though.

Look into metrification and the weird things the US government tried to force on us back in the 70s. Gives New World Order vibes
🤦‍♂️

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
It's perfectly true the 6.5 PRC offers nothing inside 400 or 500 yards over a 270 - or any one of other dozens of cartridges. The 6.5 PRC is, however, a truly modern cartridge taking advantage of what is known about inherently accurate case design - ie, a short powder column in a case with minimal taper and a 30* shoulder. Factory rifles are twisted correctly for it, and, unlike the 270, wonderful Lapua brass is made for it. The PRC is a 6.5-06 (or 270 if you will) designed "right" from the ground up.

For an "average" hunter who doesn't handload, or shoot beyond 400 or 500 yards, all the marbles are in the 270's court IMO. But for those that handload, or want to shoot out to a 1000 yards so that 500 yards is a chip shot, the 6.5 PRC brings a lot to the table. I love the 270 (currently have two), but the PRC is a great cartridge too. Were I younger, starting from scratch, and a handloader, I'd likely go with the PRC. I believe, rightly so, it's here to stay.

I guess I don't get why it has to be an "either or" proposition...

Status
Not open for further replies.