6.5 PRC Regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a case of Norma Bondstrike 143gr ammo for $34/box last Christmas. Garandimal is a nitwit.
I would like to try that load and see if my Tikka likes it, I have been looking for that ammo, no success as yet.
Where did you buy it?

JGRaider

WKR
I can't remember off hand but I'll look and see if I can find it. I haven't seen it lately either. It's really, really accurate and performs much like an accubond, which to me is a good thing.

So, at what range can you take a field shooting position in Five(5) seconds, and make a 3 MOA hit with a rifle on a game animal?

And that is Jeff Cooper's definition of field marksmanship, not mine.

GR

Have you done a fair bit of timed shooting where you go from standing or walking and then hitting a 3 MOA target in 5 seconds? That’s a heck of a challenge no matter the range.. way beyond any of this cartridge nitpicking.

Kenn

WKR
I have a 6.5 PRC and a .270 and I realize they are a bit redundant, but I don't really care. I want to say I could argue both sides, but there isn't enough there to argue about. If this is an issue that upsets you the rest of your life must be miserable.

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
PPU .270 Winchester/150 gr. PSP - $16/20 box.

Out to 400 yards, you paid double.

But then, Facts are like that.

GR
Keep cooking brother. The .270 has more advantages than the 6.5 PRC despite being so much older. It’s crazy what marketing can do to these guys. They hear that something is named in the gay metric system and they start fiending for it. We all know the .264 PRC wouldn’t sell near as well lol.

You are also right about hunting distances being not much over 400 yards. It just becomes long range shooting and hoping the animal doesn’t move too much before the likely unethical shot.

If you look online you can find incredible deals on anything .270 Winchester. I have been blessed to receive such cheap ammo and reloading components. God has blessed me in that regard.

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
"Gay metric system"? God blessed you with cheap ammo? Now I think I want to sell my .270.
Yes it is a gay measurement system quite literally created by God hating French atheists who wanted to start their own new world order. And yes God exists and blesses his believers.

Go ahead and sell your .270, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I'd tend to agree that at distances most people have any business shooting at animals, 270 will do about the same thing for less. The butthurt about something new, the "gay" metric system, and god "blessing" someone because they chose to own a cartridge comments are telling though :ROFLMAO:

I'd tend to agree that at distances most people have any business shooting at animals, 270 will do about the same thing for less. The butthurt about something new, the "gay" metric system, and god "blessing" someone because they chose to own a cartridge comments are telling though :ROFLMAO:

Like when the 6.5 Creedmoor made the jump from the bench-rest to became the greatest field cartridge, Ever!

... because it was parts-per-million more precise at 1,000 yards than the 130 year old 6.5x55mm Mauser, with the same bullets, at the same velocity.

Shooters and hunters.

GR

Like when the 6.5 Creedmoor made the jump from the bench-rest to became the greatest field cartridge, Ever!

... because it was parts-per-million more precise at 1,000 yards than the 130 year old 6.5x55mm Mauser, with the same bullets, at the same velocity.

Shooters and hunters.

GR

You made some decent arguments for a 270 but the swede as a factory ammo cartridge does nothing I can think of better than a creedmoor and near everything a little worse. Further - I'd bet the interest in "gay metric" high BC 6.5 bullets over the past 20 years has actually rejuvenated some interest in the swede.

The constant regurgitating of 270 stroking by certain Fudds pushed me away from so many other sites and now here it is infecting Rokslide.

Do you feel the same way about long bed gasoline powered pick-up trucks?

The .270 Winchester - has been the ubiquitous Western hunting cartridge for nearly a hundred years.

Have to believe that there's a snow-globe out there for you somewhere.

GR

JGRaider

WKR
It's easy to tell when someone (GA) has read the internet BS about gear instead of actually using it. Garandimal....post a pic or two of you in the field with some big game taken.

You made some decent arguments for a 270 but the swede as a factory ammo cartridge does nothing I can think of better than a creedmoor and near everything a little worse. Further - I'd bet the interest in "gay metric" high BC 6.5 bullets over the past 20 years has actually rejuvenated some interest in the swede.

Got a pile of Norma Professional Hunter 140 gr. Partition 6.5x55 SE ammo on liquidation.

At 2690 fps, it is a great deer and hog load.

GR

Status
Not open for further replies.