4.9# Weatherby

264win

WKR
Hard to imagine that caliber not becoming obsolete in a few years like most of the other Weatherby offerings.
Hopefully they will offer the rifle in 6.5 prc or 6.5 CM soon
If the rifle works as advertised it may be competitive with the the Seekins Element.

jfs82

WKR
Hard to imagine that caliber not becoming obsolete in a few years like most of the other Weatherby offerings.
Hopefully they will offer the rifle in 6.5 prc or 6.5 CM soon
If the rifle works as advertised it may be competitive with the the Seekins Element.
Believe they do offer in 6.5 cm This and the element are two of the big ones Im looking for my next rifle if I get my promotion that may be coming soon. Cal to be decided (unless I go Seekins)

I’d love to get a tally of the weights on this rifle and see where it’s gains are made up to say an 84L Montana.

Kotaman

WKR
like I said earlier, I ordered one of these in October. Was told end of October, then Mid November, and now Mid January. Ammo appears to be showing up for the 6.5 RPM’s, so hopefully the Back Country Ti won’t be far behind. Not all that surprising...

jfs82

WKR
I cant wait for some writeups. Im still deciding between this, seekins element, and a tikka prc build. PRC would be cheaper to shoot at least but I really like this package.

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have to check with my local dealer to see what prices they find it at.....ones on gunbroker start at $3,139 shipped for the Creedmoor.

Laker

FNG
What is the barrel length on the 6.5cm? Anyone know? I did a quick check on the weatherby site and couldn’t find that info.
I’d be down on a group buy!

gbflyer

WKR
It’ll be interesting to see how the mass production of the Ti works out. The boutique action builders maybe don’t “struggle” with it, but it does present certain challenges. I believe Remington gave it up a few years ago but I could be wrong.

Hope you fellas get what you want. It might be hard to put up an honest review on a $3K factory job...would be for me anyway.

Kotaman

WKR
It’ll be interesting to see how the mass production of the Ti works out. The boutique action builders maybe don’t “struggle” with it, but it does present certain challenges. I believe Remington gave it up a few years ago but I could be wrong.

Hope you fellas get what you want. It might be hard to put up an honest review on a $3K factory job...would be for me anyway.

With a bunch of Gunwerks rifles in my stable, I will have no problem being objective with a "$3K factory job". I just hope to talk about it before next hunting season! Hoping the Jan. 5-10 dates pan out for us early orderers.

Hoping to pick up one in 257 Wby. I’m definitely not in love with the tan Cerakote of the non Ti version as I’ve found that the McMillan tan ”shines” and really stands out in most non desert environments (similar to polished stainless). I’d much rather have a darker or more neutral color than tan, but the price jump to get the color I want from the custom shop, and the additional wait time, isn’t really worth it to me. I guess we will see...

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
With a bunch of Gunwerks rifles in my stable, I will have no problem being objective with a "$3K factory job". I just hope to talk about it before next hunting season! Hoping the Jan. 5-10 dates pan out for us early orderers.
Just talked to the guy doing the photo shoot .....he claims they are releasing the Back Country Ti for ”Shot” which is in about 2 weeks....so your dates are probably good....he is still in possession of the rifle so I am crossing my fingers