4.9# Weatherby

Kotaman

WKR
So what’s the turn around time on these rifles?

They're going to be a "production" rifle, so eventually there will be no lead time. I did a "pre-order" last week and was told end of October, early November. The first rifles are supposed to hit around the middle of October but with any new rifle model, I'm not holding my breath.

I was at the LGS the other day when the Weatherby rep brought one of these in. Holy Crap! Coming from a guy with a pair of Mk Vs, this thing weighs nothing!
The bolt throw is like 55degrees as opposed to the traditional 90. This is a light, and fast handling rifle. The stock is straight, not the traditional Monte Carlo that the MkVs have. All parts are cerakoted, bolt and barrel fluted, and muzzle is threaded.
I'll be hard pressed to ignore these if the LGS gets them in stock.

amassi

WKR
I was at the LGS the other day when the Weatherby rep brought one of these in. Holy Crap! Coming from a guy with a pair of Mk Vs, this thing weighs nothing!
The bolt throw is like 55degrees as opposed to the traditional 90. This is a light, and fast handling rifle. The stock is straight, not the traditional Monte Carlo that the MkVs have. All parts are cerakoted, bolt and barrel fluted, and muzzle is threaded.
I'll be hard pressed to ignore these if the LGS gets them in stock.
All mark v rifles have a 54* bolt throw

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just ordered one from my LGS. A backcountry in 280 was 2099 street price. 2799 for TI model
Called LGS (out of Roswell?) and he priced me slightly higher than your quote. Can you provide me details on which LGS you ordered yours from? I am ready, but want to get the best "bang for my buck"! Thanks in advanced Afhunter1

They're going to be a "production" rifle, so eventually there will be no lead time. I did a "pre-order" last week and was told end of October, early November. The first rifles are supposed to hit around the middle of October but with any new rifle model, I'm not holding my breath.

What did you give for your pre-order? Was it a Ti model? Decided on a BackCountry Ti, but want to get the best value. Thanks in advance!

I paid "in full" about a hundred bucks less than full retail. $3250ish I believe. Yes, Back Country Ti.
Thanks for quick reply! I saw a post on page 1 where a guy said he could buy a Back Country for $2099 or a Back Country Ti for $2799 -- I've priced a few shops and they were more than that so was hoping to find out where he priced his guns at. Hope you enjoy your Ti. Which caliber did you order?

Kotaman

WKR
Thanks for quick reply! I saw a post on page 1 where a guy said he could buy a Back Country for $2099 or a Back Country Ti for $2799 -- I've priced a few shops and they were more than that so was hoping to find out where he priced his guns at. Hope you enjoy your Ti. Which caliber did you order?

I saw that too, but I think Weatherby is pretty strict with MAP pricing. My dealer is always right around retail anyway for most things. I ordered a 6.5 Weatherby RPM. Hoping it gets here in the next few weeks. Ammo/components will be the next issue I'm sure.

OXN939

WKR
Looking forward to hearing any reports about these. Not exactly the same thing but been eyeing a Vanguard Wilderness in 6.5 Creed for quite some time. If anyone has firsthand reports on this relatively recent class of Weatherby mountain rifles, feel free to send it

Afhunter1

WKR
Called LGS (out of Roswell?) and he priced me slightly higher than your quote. Can you provide me details on which LGS you ordered yours from? I am ready, but want to get the best "bang for my buck"! Thanks in advanced Afhunter1

Junitata Trading in Everett, PA -- 814-652-5878

I didn't put any money down on mine and it hasn't come in yet either. I am a pretty well known shopper at that store so that's probably why I didn't need to pay up first.

Afhunter1

WKR
When I got quoted those prices I was standing there with my LGS rep and a Weatherby rep. I first asked what the delivery time would be and then asked for the price. The Weatherby rep took my LGS rep aside for a min and came back and said 2099/2799 for whatever one I want. So I said place my order for a Backcountry 280 and was done. I don't know if they cut me a deal or if they made a mistake since it was so new of a product. I will hold em to it though because at 2099 it is about at max of what I would pay for one. It was only out for a few days when I ordered. I'll call next week and see if I can get an update. This store was always very competitively priced with about anywhere I've seen.

Kotaman

WKR
When I got quoted those prices I was standing there with my LGS rep and a Weatherby rep. I first asked what the delivery time would be and then asked for the price. The Weatherby rep took my LGS rep aside for a min and came back and said 2099/2799 for whatever one I want. So I said place my order for a Backcountry 280 and was done. I don't know if they cut me a deal or if they made a mistake since it was so new of a product. I will hold em to it though because at 2099 it is about at max of what I would pay for one. It was only out for a few days when I ordered. I'll call next week and see if I can get an update. This store was always very competitively priced with about anywhere I've seen.

That is a great deal! Hopefully these start shipping soon.

That is a great deal! Hopefully these start shipping soon.
Ordered 2 Ti’s - one for me and one for buddy - 7mm & 300 - excited to get - was told 30-60 days lead time. Haven’t seen any reviews on the net so hoping these are as awesome as they appear. We both ordered Leupold vx-6hd’s. Got killer deal on all equipment when we ordered as a package. Can’t wait to put some elk in the freezer.