350 legend AR

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone in here hunt will a AR?

I built one in 350Legend a few year back and had a bunch of issues with feeding. But I got that figured out for the most part.

Now the real question.
What trigger are you running for hunting? One or two stage?

Currently have a cheap mil spec that I actually shoot pretty accurately but it’s a long pull and feels like I’m pulling it down a gravel road.

Looking to upgrade to a cost effective drop in.

Anyone in here hunt will a AR?

I built one in 350Legend a few year back and had a bunch of issues with feeding. But I got that figured out for the most part.

Now the real question.
What trigger are you running for hunting? One or two stage?

Currently have a cheap mil spec that I actually shoot pretty accurately but it’s a long pull and feels like I’m pulling it down a gravel road.

Looking to upgrade to a cost effective drop in.
Are you still having feed issues? I had the same thing, ended up having to use 5.3 oz buffer weight and 170’s. I think the bcg was cycling so fast it didn’t strip off my next round.

OP
Ringbill27

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Are you still having feed issues? I had the same thing, ended up having to use 5.3 oz buffer weight and 170’s. I think the bcg was cycling so fast it didn’t strip off my next round.
Once in an awhile it will jam. I’m using a H2 buffer because it definitely was running too fast. I should order an adjustable gas block. But a majority of the issues were from the mag. It seemed that there was way too much tension on the round and the BCG was struggling to strip the round out. I removed a lot of the unused coils in the spring. Also noticed the case lips were catching the front of the mag when being stripped. So ground the mag lips so the round couldnt make contact.

I sighted in the other day and had a few jams so I got more aggressive with the grinding and the spring clipping.

I think after deer season along with a new trigger I’m switching to an adjustable gas block.

Once in an awhile it will jam. I’m using a H2 buffer because it definitely was running too fast. I should order an adjustable gas block. But a majority of the issues were from the mag. It seemed that there was way too much tension on the round and the BCG was struggling to strip the round out. I removed a lot of the unused coils in the spring. Also noticed the case lips were catching the front of the mag when being stripped. So ground the mag lips so the round couldnt make contact.

I sighted in the other day and had a few jams so I got more aggressive with the grinding and the spring clipping.

I think after deer season along with a new trigger I’m switching to an adjustable gas block.
Sounds a lot like mine. I got the adjustable buffer from oden and a couple different weight projectiles. I think the standard weights are setup for 556 and the other calibers take a little playing around to get them dialed

Mt4+4

FNG
I' ve hunted with an ar15 in 450 bushmaster the last several season's in Ohio . Currently I'm building a 350 legend upper that will hopefully be ready for this year. As far as triggers the geissele ssa-e is the best I've used but the rock river varmint and the Schmitt nickel boron two stage are both decent budget triggers